Chapter Three

"This is absolute torture!" George whined dramatically, waving his feather duster around, which just caused dirt to fly through the air.

    "Well, it was your idea to have Christmas," Liv said, wiping down a table. She even had Dhani at it; he was sweeping the floor because their dog Winston apparently shedded fur like mad.

    "I didn't know I would have to clean the house!"

    "Stop being a baby."

    "I'm not a baby!"

    Liv didn't say anything else, just continued to wipe down the table.

    Dhani momentarily turned the vacuum off. "Why don't we hire someone to do it?"

    "That's a good idea," George said, nodding.

    "A little labor isn't going to kill you two," Olivia replied.

    "But we aren't getting paid!" George exclaimed.

    "Just dust the blinds!"

    "Humph!" George said and started angrily smacking the blinds with the duster, causing them to noisily clack against the windows. Dhani eyed him in a cautious way, silently telling him that he was poking the bear and he needed to stop. He didn't listen to the wise advice from his six-year-old, however, but he should have.

    "George Harrison!" Liv cried. "Stop!"

    "Make me," George challenged, smacking the blinds harder and noisier.

    Dhani suddenly turned the vacuum back on and started sweeping the floor in the other direction, trying to get away from the scene as fast as possible.

    Olivia came over and snatched the feather duster from his hands. "We need to get this house cleaned, George. We can't have guests if our house is a dump."

    "We don't live in a dump, Liv."

    "What do you think they're going to think if there's dust everywhere?"

    "Do you honestly think they care? They are our friends. They don't care." He took her hands and squeezed them gently, a silent reassurance.

    Olivia blew out hair, causing her bangs to fly up and she looked around. "I suppose you're right."

    "So we don't have to clean it," George said.

    "No, we're still cleaning it, but we're just going to get the worst of it."

    George groaned.

    "Look at all this dog hair! We can't have that!"

    "I have an idea," George said.

    "What?"

    "We shave Winston and then we wouldn't have to ever worry about dog hair again."

    "Just dust the blinds," Olivia sighed, handed him the feather duster, and walked off.

    George sullenly began to dust the blinds in a calm way instead of smacking them around. He dusted for a few minutes before feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket. It was probably John spamming him with pictures of cats dressed up as Santa Claus again.

 It was probably John spamming him with pictures of cats dressed up as Santa Claus again

    George was past the point of being messed with

    George was past the point of being messed with. He knew he should have been in the Christmas spirit but he wasn't, and he couldn't help but feel like a Grinch. He needed to get happy for Dhani. He needed to act Zen and "let it be" for Olivia. He needed to do this, he needed to this. He needed to—

    "I need to freakin' meditate!" he screamed, tugging at his hair. He spiked the feather duster off the floor and went marching off to his meditation room in one of Crackerbox Palace's towers. He had to relax or he was going to go crackers with this stress. Why was he stressed anyway? It's not like it was something serious. They were just having Christmas, for God's sake.

    He reached his meditation room with the large window and sat cross-legged on the mat, closing his eyes and breathing out. He just started to relax when his phoen vibrated again.

    "Ringo, I swear to God . . . " he muttered, pulling his phone out, getting ready to toss it from the window. He could easily get a new one. Yes. Then he could get the iPhone X. That sounded very tempting. Maybe he could just throw the phone from the window and say it committed suicide. No foul play here.

    He blinked. He was starting to think like a crazy person. He was going crackers, all right. He looked at his phone and saw that it wasn't Ringo.

    He Googled it and was shortly after amused with cats knocking over Christmas trees, climbing in Christmas trees, dressed up in Santa Claus outfits, and opening Christmas packages

    He Googled it and was shortly after amused with cats knocking over Christmas trees, climbing in Christmas trees, dressed up in Santa Claus outfits, and opening Christmas packages. He hated to admit it, but it was exactly what he'd needed. He laughed uncontrollably and found he couldn't stop. Not so much of a Grinch after all.