°three

three: the hanging

°°°°

A LARGE CROWD of towns people gathered altogether, in the center of the village, shouting and hollering at those that were to be executed by hanging. Two of those people were woman of science, whom was accused of being a witch, Carina Smyth and self-proclaimed pirate, Jack Sparrow. Those who lives Henry Turner wanted to safe, with the help of his best friend Iris Monte, Princess of Britain.

After Henry and Iris left Jack at the prison, it was only a couple of hours before the execution was to take place. Henry was supposed to be hung, but he had escaped from the grasp of red-coat soldiers.

They both hid out around the buildings close to where the executions were to be taken place, in the look out for Carina and Jack. Iris glazed down at the ragged dress she still had on, from when trying to sneak into the prison. She had managed to find a pair of moccasins laying unclaimed on the street, seeing as she was barefoot after ditching her heels. Her parents would hardly recognize her if she would walk into the castle looking like she did.

Before long, two carriages arrived at the center town, carrying the two accused criminals. The crowd were shouting various cruel things at everyone who was in the carriages. Jack Sparrow was placed in a different location, where he was to be executed by the guillotine, a newly advanced invention of beheading. And Carina was taken a location with various other woman accused of witchcraft, who were placed into a noose to be hung.

As Carina was being placed into the noose, she shouted 'quiet' at the yelling crowd. The crowd went silent, as she continued. "The finale words of Carina Smyth: Good sirs, I'm not a witch, but I forgive your common dimwittedness and feeble brains."

Iris amusedly chuckled, listening to the woman's speech. "She may be growing on me," She commented.

"In short," Carina announced, "Most of you have the mind of a goat-"

"Pardon me, sir," Jack had interrupted, "It is not common practice for those about to be executed to be granted a last, I don't know something-"

"-I believe I was making a point," Carina stated, "If you could just be patient."

"No!" Jack shouted in disagreement, as the heads of people went back and forth between the two bickering people. "My head's about to be lopped off, hence the urgency."

"And my neck is to be broken," Carina rudely noted.

"Did you know that on occasion, the neck doesn't actually break? It just hurts," Jack had pointed out.