Second Day of Christmas

Well, ever since he had to go back to the hotel yesterday he hadn't had the time to go back to skate at the lake but tonight he was going to

Well, ever since he had to go back to the hotel yesterday he hadn't had the time to go back to skate at the lake but tonight he was going to. He was prepared and had taken an Uber to get there.

He arrived, and entered the grounds of the Nikiforov Inn. Yeah, it looked quite closed and lonely. He detoured straight to the lake and took a seat in a marble bench next to it to put on his skates.

When he was ready, after warming up a little, he stepped onto the ice and began circling the small lake. He felt such at ease that he closed his eyes for a moment, just enjoying the peace it came from doing what he loved. When he opened his eyes, though, he was startled by a man standing next to his stuff in the bench, without a single extra layer to protect him from the harsh St Petersburg winter, and looking quite angry and it looked to be at himself.

Yuuri stopped mid-turn, shocked, and almost lost his footing.

"What are you doing here?" The strange man yelled.

Yuuri glided towards him while answering "Hi, I'm sorry but I got permission to use the lake for practice-"

"You cannot be here!" The man answered, angrily. "This is private property and we're closed these days!"

Wow, he could swear that this man was the one he saw in that photo... Nah! It couldn't be! He must be like his great great grandson or something like that.

"I'm so sorry, my name is Yuuri Katsuki and I'm in the city for training. i'm a professional  figure skater and I love this lake so much I asked the young man in charge to allow me to come and practice some days until I have to leave on the 27th. I truly didn't mean to intrude mister..." he said, leaving the phrase hanging, waiting for a name to attach to the person.

"I truly don't care. This is a private property and it is closed for a reason. Please, leave!" the man objected. Yuuri lowered his eyes, chastised by this person, took a deep breath and raised them again to head to the bench for his stuff.

But the man wasn't there anymore.

He quickly turned around, looking for him in the surrounding area but it was as if he had vanished in thin air. More strangely, when he stepped out of the lake he noticed the lack of footprints in the snow. There was none but his, all the snow around him was pristine and clean, completely untouched.

This couldn't be happening, right?