Wit and The Other

The following passages were found in a small book abandoned in the park. It seems to be a diary with two separate individuals' handwritings. The researcher was not able to find the authors. However, there seems to be a connection with the people described and known members of a local gang. More research is to be done as information comes to light.

I'm not really sure how I should begin this... I'm Wit. And... I was a mistake.

Well, I wouldn't have put it like that, but I suppose you aren't wrong.

Well, I can't really say that I was the only mistake. There's another person in here... In my- no, our- head.

No shit, Sherlock.

I'm sorry. It's hard for me to really collect my thoughts. I've never really had to explain this to a person outside of the small group of people that helped to... create... to raise me... There's our father... He's a complete psychopath. Nothing I do is ever right according to him, and he rewards a job well done from me- no, sorry, us. He rewards a job well done by us by not ordering his thugs to beat me. Yes... me... that is the correct one this time... Anyway... there's also our mother. She's not really my mother, but she's always had a sort of... maternal role for me- us... She was also the one to create me. She created me, but not him, but I'm going to get to that. Then, my... brother? We were raised together, being that our mother really did have him. He's always been there, trying to protect me, even if we were stronger than he would ever be.

Finally, there was The Other. He is the other person inside my- our- head.

I thought I told you not to write about me.

It's necessary to explain everything... If I'm being completely honest, he was the first one here. There's a legend of something called Black Eyed Children. They're small beings- probably demons- that look like children with entirely black eyes. I believe The Other was one of the first of these beings, but he doesn't really offer me much information. Anyway, I'm fairly certain he doesn't know his real origin either, but I doubt I'll ever know the truth. Some of the Black Eyed Children have names, but apparently, he had always been known as The Other. I've been trying to figure out a name for him, but he just gets annoyed and blocks me out. I'm not sure anyone knows the extent of these... things' powers either, but to be fair, The Other isn't the best subject to study anymore.

Watch it, asshole. I don't have to protect you as much as I do.

I'm just going to start ignoring you. Anyway, a long time ago, our father was looking for someone or something that could help him to take over... to become the most powerful gang leader here... He set a trap for The Other. It turns out iron is a weakness for the Black Eyed Children.

Iron chains would capture most people, you moron. This is the 'staking a vampire' argument all over again.

Our father captured The Other and one of the children he used to partner with, but... the experimentations... The tests and experiments they did on her killed her... The Other doesn't seem to care, but I have the distinct feeling that death doesn't end them, especially considering I felt the jolt of startled recognition when we passed one of the children I saw far too often. The Other was not nearly as fortunate.

While he survived the experiments, they left him... damaged. I was the result of one of the most extreme experiments. He was... split. Irreparable damage was done to his mind and body, creating an alternate personality that... unfortunately for him, was more present. He was trapped in his own mind while a parasite took over his body, changing everything about him. He was no longer the intimidating black haired, black eyed child. Though he originally looked 12, I know he is thousands of years old. Unimaginably intelligent and dangerous in every sense of the word.