Suffer

DEEP SHIZ & CLICHE

Also, just to clarify since everyone was so confused last chapter, that the parts of the story that are italicized are either thoughts or dreams. Hence the name of this story, "Lucid Dreams", Vanessa has many dreams, which are all italicized, unless it legit says "flashback" before it starts.

This is a short chapter and it kind of sucks, but I still hope you guys enjoy my lovelies! 😘

--------

Vanessa wakes up to see Kaden staring back at her.

"Baby, are you okay?" he asks her. Vanessa looks at him, tears dripping down her eyes. Kaden wraps his arms around her, bringing her closer to his side of the bed and his body.

"Why are you asking that?" she asks him, her voice shaky.

"You were tossing and turning and you yelled Grayson's name multiple times," he says as he frowns. He knows who Grayson is and what he's done to hurt Vanessa. He cannot believe anyone could ever do that to someone, especially to a sweet girl like her. But him doing this led to her meeting him, and he couldn't be more thankful to have met her.

"I was having a nightmare, well...more of a lucid dream," says Vanessa. Kaden kisses her forehead as she cries in his chest.

"Was Grayson in it?" he asks. She nods before sobbing harder. But he doesn't ask for what happened in the dream, he kept kissing her forehead until she finally closed her eyes and fell asleep.

***
"Where are you Vanessa?" asks Grayson. Vanessa could see nothing, everything was dark. But she could still hear his deep voice, the voice she has grown to love.

"I'm right here, what do you mean?" she answers, confused on why he was asking her that.

"Why have you left me?" his voice has a hint of hurt in it. Vanessa sighs.

"You're asking me that after what you did?"

"I SWEAR IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE!" Vanessa jumps from the sudden raise of his voice. "I'm sorry."

"No, how was it not what it looked like?" she asks. Tears start running down her eyes.

"I can explain everything. I swear it's not what it looked like. I swear, on Annika," he says. Vanessa's eyes get big from shock, how does he know about her? "I can't believe you didn't tell me about her," he still sounded hurt, like Vanessa shot him in the chest and there's no way to go back to the past and change that moment to remake the parts of his body that have been wounded.

"I was going to tell you, but you were too busy sucking that girl's face, that bi-"

"Enough Nessa," he says. "It wasn't what it looked like, why won't you believe me?" Vanessa could taste the salt from her tears on her lips.

"Then why don't you tell me why you were doing that?" asks Vanessa.

"Because..." Grayson starts to say before his voice fades away.

"No, please Grayson, come back to me, I'm suffering without you my love, I'm starving for you, please, just come back to me..." Vanessa sobs, the room still pitch black, the color of her heart without Grayson beside her.

***
Vanessa woke up panting with her heart beating fast. She doesn't like to sleep anymore, because every time she closes her eyes and hits the pillow, she has a dream of Grayson.

She wants to forget him, forget he was even someone in her life. But she can't do that. Just looking at Annika, Grayson basically lives inside of her, reminding her of the loss of his presence and love for her.

These lucid dreams mean something, she's sure they do.

Until she finds out the meaning, she's gonna suffer from this direct pain in the heart the absence of his love gives her.

She knows she needs to move on, focus and dedicate her heart to Kaden. But her heart won't listen to her.

She wishes it will one day. Until that day, she will suffer.

Suffer and plead for his love, his touch, his everything. Without him, she's no one.

Without him, she's suffering to be herself.

-----

Deep shiz right?

Thank you for reading! Ily!

xoxo

- Umi 💜