Chapter 2

Because I lived with Jace under one roof, I had to see him everyday and it drove me crazy. I didn't want to be remembered of our one night stand, but it was hard to forget something when the person who reminded you most about it was in front of you everyday. But, life went on anyway. He did his thing and I did mine. It was always very awkward seeing him, I could barely even look him in the eyes. I, Clary Fray, would not fall for a douche like Jace Herondale. It was almost a promise I made to myself. But to make everything even more complicated, we had lunch together, everyday. Because of Isabelle and Alec of course. Jace and I were just dragged into that situation, because of our best friends. And again this other day like every other day I was having lunch with the one and only Jace Herondale. "Hey." I said with a weak smile. "Hey. Can I talk to you?" he asked. "Sure." I responded. ".. In private?" he added. I let out a sigh and I nodded. Isabelle let out a giggle and I gave her an angry look as I stood up from our table.

"So... What do you want from me?" I asked annoyed. "Nothing. I mean, not nothing, but, you know, well just forget that part okay? I just wanted to apologize for being such a douche all this time we have known eachother." he blurted out. "Ehm... Sure, apology accepted. Can I go back now?" I said. He looked down and for the first time in my life, I had seen some real humanity in his ways of moving. Not the act he always put up, it was like I could see the real Jace. Stop. Where the hell were my thoughts going? I was not falling for Jace. I am not falling for Jace, I reminded myself. I realized that I was so far away in my own thoughts when I felt a hand on my arm. "You okay?" Jace asked. I nodded. We kept staring at eachother for a little while and then out of nowhere, he kissed me. He kissed me. It was gently, but at the same time also very passionate. It was like ice that was set on fire. He slowly pulled away and he turned around, not even looking me in the eyes and he walked away. I began to realize, I had kissed him too. I didn't even pulled away, he did. Something was terribly wrong with me. I felt that my cheeks were glowing. I went back to out lunch table, trying to sit down nonchalantly. "What did he say?" Isabelle asked. I shrugged, "Nothing important, he apologized." was my awnser. "Izzy you should understand it when people don't want to talk about their private stuff you know." Alec said. They probably got into a brother-sister conversation, but I wasn't following anymore. My thoughts were with Jace.

When our classes were, I went to Taki's with Isabelle, because she had ignored Alec's advice of leaving people alone when they didn't want you to tell about their private business, but I didn't really mind. I had promised to tell Isabelle everything. Though, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to do that after all.

After ordering some coffee and food Isabelle started a conversation, she probably wanted to know what happened when I was with Jace. "So Clary." Isabelle said. "So..." I said slowely repeating her. "Are you going to tell me what Jace really told you in the hallway?" she asked. "I already told you. He apologized for his behaviour the other day." I said. Isabelle shook her head, "Not possible. Jace never apologizes, not to anyone." I shrugged and took a sip from my coffee. "He did apologize to me." I said. She looked narrowly at me, "So, there's nothing you're not telling me?" she asked. "No, trust me. There's nothing. I don't even like Jace Herondale. He is nothing more than a spoiled brat. It was a mistake sleeping with him and I sure as hell wont do it again."

Later Simon joined us and asked if we wanted to go to his friends Poetry reading. And I've never seen Izzy that excited about poetry. She must really like this mundane boy. The poetry reading was at a human cafe, called Java Jones. We sat at the back and there were quite a lot of people. I didn't really expect anyone to show up. Simon got us some coffee and Isabelle started talking again. "Clary help me, I've told simon I actually like poetry, but you know that I can't stand it! And now he keeps asking me questions about poetry. What do I do?!" she asked. There was some panic in her voice. "Just try to be mysterious about it, boys who like poetry like that. And when we get back at the institute you're going to have to do research on poetry I guess." I laughed. Isabelly looked annoyed. Simon came back with coffee for the three of us and the reading started. It was horrivle, this friend of Simon, Eric had no talent. It sounded like he ate a dictionary and he was just spitting out random words. While Isabelle and Simon were listening to Eric's poetry I couldn't get my mind of what had happened at school today. Jace was so confusing. And it was like he has a seperated personality, like one moment he's really nice and human and other moments he's just a total dick. Maybe he just has moodswings, like girls when they are on their periods.