Training

They threw me into the room, slamming the door behind me, causing the hinges to rattle and my ears to die. Currently, darkness filled the room and seemed to be attracted to me like moths to a flame. A deep voice boomed throughout the room as it began to speak, startling me.

"Well, my Prince. It seems your little escape game crashing to an end rather soon? That Kinetic will be getting a promotion."

"What do you want from me?" I growled through my teeth.

"We want you to get over this little rebellious stage, of course"

"You won't contain me." I again hissed back.

"Maybe not, but we can suppress you. In case you were wondering. You will be training in here until you can summon all of this room's darkness within you. When it has been absorbed, the lights shall be turned on."

*Pzzzzcht*

The intercom was disabled.
"It can't be that hard." I told myself. I was wrong.

I began to try and act as if I was one with darkness, drawing in all of the energy I could; however it soon became apparent this wasn't working.

After hours of trying the same technique with not prevail, I tried something different. Hatred; despair; rebuke: I channel all of my darkest emotions within me and began to draw in the shadows as I watch them dance around me. As the shadows entwined me, I could've sworn I heard them chuckle. One by one, they began to be absorbed by me, to the point I felt like I was feasting upon them. All of a sudden, the lights flickered on and the voice spoke again.

"Well done, you learned quicker than the last black magic user. Then again, that was a century ago, times have changed, darkness has spread. Until tomorrow."

*Pzzzzcht*

The intercom was yet again disabled. The same man that had thrown me in here again aggressively removed me, throwing me back into that same, claustrophobic room with the screams of Mystic echoing around me.