Chapter 17

A/N: Contains mentions of rape.

Dick sat very quiet in the police station. His eyes kept following all of the officers in there. His one leg was bouncing up and down quickly, growing speed with ever passing second. His thoughts began to move quickly too as he felt like the world was collapsing around him. Off in the distance, Dick could make out the sound of a set of foot steps moving quickly his way but he didn't lift his head up from the spot on the ground he was staring at. Suddenly, a pair of arms were wrapped tightly around him, causing Dick to jump from the contact, but once he knew who those arms belonged to, did Dick relax into the hug. It was Wally, Wally had him and that made the tightness within his chest disappear and a smile to form on his face.

Wally pulled back from Dick and smiled down at him. Dick smiled even more and then looked over to see both Iris and Barry walking slowly over towards him.

"Are you okay? What happened?" asked Wally but before he could answer his questions, Commissioner Gordon walked over and took Iris and Barry off into the distance to talk to them. Wally watched them leave before turning back to Dick. "What's going on Dick?" asked Wally. 

At first Dick just shrugged his shoulders and looked down at the floor. He was thrilled that Wally was here but he knew that it was now only a matter of time before they returned him to Bruce, and discovered the truth, the horrible, ugly truth that his master had touched him, raped him.

Wally could tell that something was up, something was really wrong but it didn't matter to him, all that really mattered was Dick and him being alright. Wally pulled a chair over and sat beside him, he kept his green eyes locked onto his friend sitting beside him, and he noticed that Dick's hands were shaking slightly. Wally quickly reached over and took Dick's shaking hand into his hand and gave it a squeeze. 

Dick then raised his head up slowly and glanced over at Wally with tears in his eyes. Wally wasted no second to pull Dick into his arms and hug him closely towards his chest. Dick wrapped his arms tightly around Wally, gripping tightly onto his t-shirt as he cried. Wally rubbed small circles on Dick's back trying his best to calm him down. After a few moments, Dick had finally stopped shaking and crying. He pulled back from Wally, brushed the back of his hand against his face, brushing the tears away. 

Dick suddenly stood up and looked around the police station, he wanted out of here, he wanted to leave with Wally and forget his troubles. Before Dick even knew what he was doing, he was suddenly outside the police station. Everything around him was blurry. He glanced down at his hands that was shaking badly, he blinked quickly trying to focus on something. Just then he felt a gush of wind and he glanced up to see Wally standing before him with a concern look on his face.

"Dick? Are you okay, what-" began Wally but Dick cut him off before he could say anything more.

"I-I...I just needed to get o-out of th-there. I...I don't know what h-happened?" Dick said, he then quickly moved forward at speedster speed and hugged Wally tightly. 

He didn't like having these powers, he didn't know how to use or control them and each time they happened it just reminded him that he was never going to be normal again, that he was never going to return to his life with his parents, to feel loved and alright.

-------------------------------------------

Soon Dick was sitting in at the West-Allen household, his legs bouncing up and down quickly just like at the police station. He was so nervous. Barry had called Bruce to tell him where Dick was and he was now on his way to come and pick him up. Dick closed his eyes tightly, just imagining the look upon Bruce's face. Once he came, it would be only a matter of time before Bruce told them the truth of what his master did to him and then Wally would probably be disgusted with him and he would be all alone once again.

He sighed. He loved finally being free from his captors but now what happened threaten to take away the only friend he had made, the first feel of safety and happiness after years of pain and sadness. Now a part of him wished he had never escaped so he wouldn't have gotten the taste of happiness, because now that he had a taste he never wanted to lose it but he knew that no one would want a broken, mess up child in their lives.

Dick slightly jumped when Wally suddenly jumped and sat down on the couch beside him. He held out a bag of chips towards him but Dick only looked at it before shaking his head 'no'. He didn't feel hungry, he felt lost and empty and it seemed that Wally could tell this too.

"It's going to be alright Dick'' said Wally and Dick just shrugged his shoulders, he wanted to believe him, believe that things were going to be okay but he just couldn't allow himself to believe it. Wally looked at Dick and frown, he totally hated seeing Dick so sad and down, he just wanted to help him out because for what he didn't know or fully understand was that there was a very strong connection between the two of them. Wally sighed and dashed off into the kitchen then was back in the living room, sitting right beside Dick again in a second. Dick's blue eyes traveled over towards Wally to see the ginger smiling widely. 

"Come on" said Wally who then grabbed Dick's hand and pulled Dick quickly up the stairs with him to his bedroom. 

Once they were inside Wally's bedroom, Wally released his hold on Dick's arm and smiled at him before plopping down on his bed. Dick stood there as the room was spinning slightly before everything steady around him. He then walked over towards Wally and slowly sad down beside him and sighed heavily.

Wally sat up and place his hand on Dick's thigh, Dick looked over at him and got lost within Wally's green eyes.

"I....I don't know what's going on but whatever it is....Dick I'm not going to leave. I'm here for you, always'' Wally said and then looked at where his hand was and his face turned red. He pulled it quickly back and rubbed the back of his neck as he slightly chuckled. He then looked back over at Dick and saw a small smirk on his face which made Wally lose it. He couldn't believe how amazing Dick was! He couldn't understand how he was falling for him. For he was falling madly in love with the broken boy who feared the whole world.