❦Christmas Special❦

(This chapter does not actually relate to the actual plot. It's just a special Christmas one-shot for the holidays :3)

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

Christmas.

The season of gifts and gingerbread men.

The season of snowflakes and vivid lights, decorating the streets.

But most of all,

The season where you get to spend quality time with those you love.

For me, I didn't really care about all the lights and fancy stuff.

After all, it wouldn't feel warm and special if you put up the lights alone, only to spend Christmas that same way.

I've spent Christmas like that, alone, before I came here.

Before I met her.

The girl who brought color to my world.

"Ash! Over here!!" Her voice calls out in the distance.

I wave and finish my hot cocoa, burning my mouth with the steaming hot chocolate.

 Tossing the empty foam cup into the bin, I briskly walk through the streets lined with Christmas lights and snow. 

Music from a nearby café begins to play, making the winter scenery seem even more heartwarming.

Oh the weather outside is frightful

But the fire is so delightful

And since we've no place to go

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!"

I smile softly as I make it onto the vicinity of the campus.

Before I could even call out her name, a pair of hands dressed in soft mittens wrap around my face, covering my eyes.

"Guess who?" She asks happily.

"The amazing princess of Kalos, I'm guessing?"

She lets go and I turn around to meet her cerulean blue eyes, accompanied by her bright smile.

"Right ya are!" Serena says, beaming.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

We walk together around the campus hand in hand, admiring the winter scenery before entering the tram headed towards the palace.

"Whew, it's getting chilly out there," Serena says, taking off her mittens and rubbing her hands together.

"Yeah,"