Chapter 10

Selena's POV

"They are all so beautiful" I exclaim exhaustedly, my eyes searching at each and every piece of clothing in front of me.

Maria Gonzales, who Michael had hired to help me find the perfect dress, had been leaning on the spare clothing rack for a good 15 minutes now as she watched me contently. I don't think her eyes moved. They were too fixated on the woman who was hiding her distress. I tried to make the impossible decision of what wedding dress would be the one.

She was a wedding dress designer who was known to accommodate for the richest people in the city. She has impeccable taste. Her designs were so beautiful for too many reasons to list and so was she, physically and personality-wise. Her beauty was radiating and I could feel the intimidation on my side. She should be in museums for her piercing green eyes alone. I guess it didn't help that she was looking stunning in business attire that complimented her curves as I stood there in a standard vest top, black skinny jeans and little to no makeup.

I felt guilty that my mind escaped the fact we were getting married in such short notice. I had been focused on everything but the wedding. Jazzy in particular. Since our discussion last night, she's been extremely open to pretty much anything on her mind, I didn't mind at all. She was a little chatterbox. She even asked me to take her to school this morning so she could talk to me more about everything and anything. But right now, the time was closing in and this was scarily, but amazingly becoming a reality.

I stood in front of various dresses hanging on a rack which I had tried on not too long before From a hefty 20 dresses which varied in design and material, I managed to narrow to the final 5, but that as narrow as it's seemingly going. They were all different, yet perfect. I just couldn't decide what would make me feel like the bride I had been dreaming of.

"But you still do not have a clue do you?" She smirks at me as I shake my head, feeling flushed from the embarrassment.

"I'm probably getting on your nerves now but I honestly don't know." I rub my bare face, followed by my eyes. The lack of sleep was starting to hit me like a ton of bricks. "I feel like they all have something special about them. It's just such a hard thing to finalise on such a short time limit."

"Don't worry love, you are not annoying me in the slightest, I have been through tears, tantrums and probably even a fistfight in my time. But this is why I am here." Her gorgeous Mexican accent spoke. I loved speaking to Maria even though I've only known her a few hours. We both have Mexican roots so while she's been here, it's been nice to speak about the little things I miss from my Mexican side of the family. It's just comforting as well, as I find myself getting too frustrated over a dress. "Tell me what's on your mind right now."

I look at her as I step forward, my hands lacing the silk material on one of the dresses directly in the middle. Such a soft touch. It was probably laced with the finest of gold or jewels to match up to its high price label.

"I can see why they have free alcohol at wedding shops now." I express calmly before letting out a small nervous giggle. She just politely smiled, not finding much humour in my words.

"I meant with the dresses in front of you. Let's narrow our search a little, it will help find your dress quicker. What specific part of a dress is appealing you the most?" Her arms crossed tightly.

I had imagined this moment for too long. I hated the central attention, but the wedding dress was something I had long nights thinking about. The detailing. The neckline. The embellishments. Even bridesmaids crossed my mind. But the fantasy was nothing like the reality of being placed in a room full of dresses of all different tastes and designs.