Secrets Beneath the Truth

Kay Pov
I really hope everything goes right when I tell my aunt and sister who im in love with.
Being with Jerome is different, he is more sensitive towards my well being than any boy I have every been with. He has smooth dark chocolate skin with a nice summer body shape. Ripped muscles, the perfect face and personality. Everyday that I am with him it feels like im floating on cloud nine with no worries and weight on my shoulders. The only problem with Jerome is that he is 20. Our relationship is perfect I just could risk him going to jail because I'm underage for him and it is illegal for him to be with me.

I don't think anyone will judge our relationship until they figure our age difference then all Hell breaks loose. My shoulders and head fell overwelmed with the anxiety and fear I hold for their response.
A short brown skinned young girl greeted and welcomed us to Olive Garden. Her voice caused me to snap out of my thoughts.
"Hi my name is Anastasia I will be your waiter today during your visit and I will take your drink orders whenever you are ready." She says
As I look upon there drink menu, Auntie Kacie orders her favorite Strawberry Frozen Daiquiri . Nia and I settle for Root Beers. Once Anastasia leaves, Auntie Kacie brings up the topic I have been waiting to get the answer for.
"So who is your secret lover." Kacie asks
"Well-" I start off nervously, not really knowing how to put my words together. "His name is Jerome we have been dating for about 6 months. He is a very sensitive, caring, and athlethic man. He stays in shape and y'all would love him if y'all met him." I explain trying my best to exclude his age.
"He sounds like a nice guy but I have never heard of a Jerome at our school so how old is he." Nia asked me. Her question just completely hurt my pride and luck because I know what the explanation of his age could lead to.
"Well he is 20 and he attends Marygrove College. He is going there for his masters degree in business but he plays footba-"
"Wait so now we date over aged people but let me do it. It would be such a problem. Everyone shows you so much attention and favoritism. I just don't understand how everyone can treat you like a baby and care for you so much. Like what is so DAMN special about you?" Nia says and curses loud enough to cause a scene. Her way of explaining How I'm treated better then her sends anger messages blowing out of my mouth.
"

How could you feel like that? Who cared for you and even let our mother's boyfriend rape them instead of you? Me. I did because I care for you I let everything horrible happen to me instead of you. Because I care and love you. Half of the things I let myself take the damage for so you wouldn't have to experience a lifetime of horrid, explicit, and painful memories is because I couldnt let myself have my little twin sister have her virginity taken by someone who she didn't want or know so I risked myself. Sometimes you can be so damn selfish and I don't understand why." Confessing my thoughts and memories of things I went through to protect Nia from harm put me in tears.
"Raped? What are y'all talking about?" Kacie asked
I knew this day would come. I have never told anyone about that day because i was so scared that it would happen again or he would come back. Now I have to tell Kacie and I don't know how to break it down and tell her.
"Well mom's ex from 8 years ago. His name was Kohen, but everyone called him Beast. He was the top drug dealer of Pensacola, Florida. He was so known that if he started trouble he would never be arrested because he had the police in check. All his crimes were covered up by the police and they would frame other people for his murders, rapes, armed robberies and any other crimes you could think of. When him and momma started dating he treated her with such gentle care and affectionate love that she trusted him enough to take care of us while she worked her 3 jobs throughout the week. One day I was in the tub and Nia was in her room. He claimed that she was supposed to wash the dishes but she never did. When i got out of the tub he was yelling at her and she was crying. So I came out of the bathroom to figure why he was yelling and why was she crying. He told me to mind my own business because I would end up like all the other nosy girls he dealt with. I didn't believe he would put his hands on me so I go into the room anyways. When i calmed Nia down i told her go and wash the dishes and she went to go and do them. As soon as i thought all the problems were solved for the night, I was being pushed into my room. Once i could see that it was his face, he grabbed me by my neck and forced my clothes off i begin to cry and try to fight him off but he was TOO strong. He pushes me on the bed and unbuckles his pants. I try to run but he grabs me and forces himself into me harshly. It only lasted 20 minutes but the pain I was feeling felt like it was going on for hours. When he left out of my room I cried as hard as I could. When mom came home she asked how our day was I pretended as if I was sick. I knew if I told mom there was nothing she could do because the police can't stop him if they wanted to. So I kept this secret safe for years I even blame myself for the actions of his behavior that day but I realized I was just being a good big sister and that it was better me than Nia." I stated not knowing what Kacie was going to say next. Kacie is a cool Aunt but she can be crazy and you never know what to expect.
"Does he still live in Pensacola? Cause if he do I got a surprise for that ass. How could you keep such a horrible secret for so many years and why? I understand that he can't be sentenced because even the authority that is supposed to keep us safe can't because they too afraid of a nigga named Beast. No-one should have to go through what you did. And I sware on my Grandma Duck grave when i see that nigga he better wish for God to be on his side cause he gone need the bible, paramedics, a hospital bed and a tombstone by the time I'm done with him." Kacie says with her accent coming out.
"Well can we know about your little secret?" Nia asks
"Yes actually y'all can. I have a new man named Lee Barney. We have been together for 2 years and 9 months. But that's not it. I'm getting married boo. Look at this nice ass ring my man got me."

Her ring was gorgeous and looked expensive

Her ring was gorgeous and looked expensive. I know Nia probably wants to know what he looks like and what kind of job he has. So I beat Nia to the question.
"What does he look like? Is he rich? Because your ring looks expensive." I asked. I knew I upset Nia because she began to mug me. But I don't really care.
"I actually have a picture of him." Kacie says while going through her phone. "Here. Look."

"He is fine auntie, where you find him at?" Nia asks while looking at the picture

"Well actually i found him at an interview for his business. He owns his business called Warner Time Enterprises. He owns his own movie theaters and restaurants around America. But his business owns all sports stadiums. The business belongs to his family but his father handed it down to him because he felt that Lee was more responsible than his selfish and outrageously dangerous brother. The money from the family business earns him plenty of money. Plus the movie theaters and restaurants is like side money that earns and helps with his incredible bank account." Kacie explains
"Well how about we try to figure out what we want to eat." I say.
I hope my life continues on the great path it is on. I can't face any horrible memories right now or ever. It's good to know that Auntie Kacie has a man now so I don't have to worry about her well being and protection.

Tell me what y'all think. I'm going to start making longer chapters because those lil chick flick short stories ain't gettin it boo. - Lexxy😘😘👄