The Job of a Host Club Accountant

*A/N*

Hello, back at it again with a second chapter.  I hope you all enjoy, and be sure to comment your thoughts :)

~Shiloh

*DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT*

The host room was decked out as a beautiful tropical paradise.  Kyoya and Akira's idea with the final decision of the President, Tamaki.  Akira sat in a chair in a tropical outfit like all the rest, except his was a matching set to Kyoya's, so Akira's had more coverage.  He was currently typing away on his laptop, oblivious to his surroundings as he worked on preparations for the upcoming party the club was sponsoring.

The door to the club opened, and a frazzled Haruhi runs in out of breath.  She pauses as she looks around at the decadent decorations.  The club room is completely unrecognizable.  Tropical birds and other animals flew around the room as she stared in shock.  Six hosts are standing before her in minimal outfits that show a lot of skin.  Haruhi's face darkens as she realizes she is in fact in the right room.

"Welcome~" Their voices ring out.  Haruhi stares at the extravagant display, unimpressed.

"You finally made it, Haruhi.  You're so late." The twins chide at her.

"I could be wrong, but my calendar says it's still early spring." Haruhi mutters, pulling out a pocket calendar.  Looking at the dates, her suspicions were correct.  It was much too cold for such outfits.

"Huddling under a kotatsu table, fearing the cold is nonsense.  And besides the heating system we have is the best." Tamaki explains, posing triumphantly in his Balinese king outfit.  Haruhi couldn't stop the disgruntled scoff from leaving her mouth, which Kyoya was quick to notice.

"Do you have a problem with the way we run our club, Haruhi?  Be careful what you say.  You owe us 8 million yen, remember?" His voice is calm and collected but there is nothing warm in his words.  Haruhi shivers as she is reminded of her horrible debt.  Thinking of this also reminds her of Akira, who would usually scold her for being late, as well as come to her rescue whenever Kyoya would corner her, but he was no where in sight.

Placing his arm over Haruhi's shoulder, Tamaki continues his long, drawn out speech, "Gentlemen don't bundle up in bulky clothing.  It may be a chilly early spring out there in the real world, but here at the club we want to surprise our chilly little kittens with a warm tropical paradise.  Oh yes. We've turned this place into nirvana, a balmy tropical island of everlasting summer!"

"That's funny cause I feel a massive chill right now." Haruhi mutters.  Out of the corner of her eye she sees a hint a silver.  There she finally spots Akira, who is sitting in the far back of the club, tucked away in a quiet corner of the room.  Walking over to him she notices his outfit matches the club's theme, but he isn't walking around like he normally does.  He is typing away on his computer.

"I'm sorry I'm late Nanashima-sempai.  I promise it won't happen again." She bowed respectfully before him.  The boy remains silent, his fingers never ceasing and his eyes never leaving the screen.  It was as if he was in some sort of trance.

"Um, Sempai?" She questioned, concerned with his lack of response.  She waved her hand in front of his face, but he still would not budge.

"Never mind him, Haruhi.  Go tend to your club duties." Kyoya said as he took the seat from across Akira, pulling out his notebook.  Haruhi felt unsure leaving the boy, but finally relented after no one else showed any concern for the second year's behavior.