Chapter 16

Hiccup was finding this to be a horribly long flight. It was, not surprisingly, very hard to carry Snotlout, Astrid, Ruffnut and Tuffnut all at once, especially when Ruff and Tuff kept trying to fight each other.

"Stop that!" Astrid growled as Ruffnut attempted to head butt her brother.

"Why? It's fun!" Ruff exclaimed.

"Yeah, it is!" Tuff agreed.

Hiccup put his head down and roared at them in frustration as a last ditch attempt to get them to just stop. Well, it worked. It worked, that is, until they both pointed into the distance at the same time and shouted the same thing.

"An island!" They both shouted at once. Instantly they rounded on each other.

"I saw it first!"

"No, I saw it first!"

"SHUT IT!" Astrid yelled, stunning everyone into absolute silence.

After a few moments of silence Snotlout, who had remained surprisingly and uncharacteristically quiet throughout the whole flight, spoke up.

"Why don't we just go over there?" He exclaimed exasperatedly.

"I agree." Astrid declared, causing everyone to stare at her. "What? I agree with Snotlout occasionally." Snotlout beamed at this, causing Astrid to swing her foot at him.

"Hey!" He exclaimed. "What was that for?"

He didn't get an answer, however, as Hiccup began to dive. Dive hard.

They neared the water, and he flicked up just in time to save them from watery graves.

"That was fun!" Tuff exclaimed. "Let's do it again!"

"Tuffnut, do us a favour and shut up." Astrid rolled her eyes. "Look, we're nearly at the island! Thor be praised!"