Chapter 21

Snotlout was not happy. At all.

Of course his fishbone of a cousin just had to fly off maniacally, didn't he?

And with his girlfriend, of all things.

Well, his future girlfriend. Once he could persuade her. That wouldn't be so hard though, in fact really easy. Of course she had so fallen for him in secret, she just didn't want to admit it.

But it would probably be a better idea to think about getting her back, otherwise she would never be able to be his girlfriend again.

So, it was time to think of a plan. But that would be easy, right? Hiccup always managed it really easily, and he could do it, then Snotlout could do it too!

Now, what to do.

Erm... er...

Snotlout plonked himself down on the nearest lump of earth, put his chin on his fists in a gesture of defiance to the world, and thought. Hard.

A short way off in the trees, Ruffnut and Tuffnut stood in the shadows.

"Did you -" Started Tuffnut.

"Yeah." Ruffnut interrupted.

"How long do you reckon he'll stay?"

"Five minutes."

"I reckon three."

"You're on."

The twins watched happily as the ants from the hill began to swarm their way up Snotlout's legs.

-<>[🦅]<>-

"HICCUP!!" Astrid screamed. "STOP!!!"

Hiccup carried on, seemingly oblivious to Astrid's shouts, flapping as hard as he could. Astrid could feel her grip on him slipping, she couldn't hold on much longer...

"HICCUUUUUP!!!" She howled in one desperate, last ditch attempt to get him to stop.

Hiccup suddenly shook his head about violently, then screeched to a halt in midair. His head darted about violently, looking about in confusion.

"Oh, Thank Thor..." Astrid groaned and began to pull herself up Hiccup's leg, finally getting a good grip on the slippery dragon scales.

Hiccup's head snapped around and he looked at Astrid. Suddenly his eyes widened as he seemed to realise for the first time that she was there.

"Hiccup... please land, please land..." Astrid moaned, hanging on to his leg for dear life. Hiccup stared dazedly at her, his wings seemingly beating of their own accord.

"Hiccup?" Astrid asked carefully, unsure if he was going to fly off again.

He suddenly shook his head about violently, and nodded carefully. Then he set off for an island in the distance.

Astrid thanked her lucky stars that they seemed to be in something of a cluster of islands. Her arms were getting tired.

-<>[🦅]<>-

Ruffnut's guess had turned out to be the closest. Snotlout had sat there obliviously for a full eight minutes.

The twins had begun to get a more than a little bored while they waited, in fact, and had taken to counting alternate seconds to keep the time.

"Four hundred and sixty nine..."

"Four hundred and seventy..."

"Four hundred and seventy one..."

"Oh come on!" Tuffnut groaned. "Isn't he going to do anything? There's one on his -"

Tuffnut was interrupted by a loud scream from Snotlout's direction.

"Told you so! Five minutes." Ruffnut grinned.

"That wasn't five minutes, that was four." Tuffnut countered.

"Of course it wasn't you idiot! There are ninety seconds to a minute."

"Don't be ridiculous, sis, it's a hundred."

"Hey look. He's in the sea now."

"That's a cool dance. The foot stamping's a little excessive though."

"I like the arm flapping myself."

"And that whooping. We should try it."

Snotlout didn't sit down for a long time after that.

Haha! Release date ON TIME!!! Yay!

You wouldn't believe how much sneaking around in the dead of night publishing this took, so you'd better appreciate it! :)

🦅—Aquila