three

Thank you so much to my friend @mxxace for writing this chapter for me, I appreciate it so much. Please go follow him and read his amazing works :)

The class let out a roar, cheering and jumping out of their seats as All Might laughed heartily. Before the teacher could explain anything else, the students were already stumbling towards the costume cupboard to grab their hero outfits before crashing into the hall, racing each other towards the classes changing rooms. "We're doing something totally normal!" They celebrated as they ran, disrupting several classes they dashed past along the way.

Todoroki stuck to a walk, hoping he wasn't being too suspicious. His empty footsteps were drumming into his brain like a chisel and hammer, worsening the headache he'd already acquired. He winced, massaging his temples. Pain was pounding behind them, and thinking straight was hard – every thought entering his head becoming a cloud of fog that obstructed his vision and made him wobble slightly with every step that he took.

He glances down at hands, noticing that his sleeve had slipped up his forearm slightly, making some of his blood splotched bandages visible on his arm. He clicked his tongue, pulling the sleeve down so the cloth was hidden. Making sure no one had seen him, he shoved his hands into his pockets, speeding up his pace.

By the time he'd arrived at the change rooms, everyone had already started changing, filling the space with light conversation. Todoroki made sure not to draw attention to himself as he approached his locker, taking out his new costume.

He tugged at the bandage on him forearm, knowing he couldn't get changed in front of everyone. No one could know about his injuries - it would only result in worried questions and pity.

"Woah Todoroki, is that a new costume I see?" Kaminari asked with a grin, pointing at the blue jumpsuit in the boys' arms.

Todoroki merely nodded as the other boys looked on in curiously. They had a short attention span however, and within seconds they were back to their previous conversations. He slowly folds the costume in his arms, watching his classmates finish getting changed. He then makes himself as small as possible and heads towards the door, hoping to get changed elsewhere.

"Todoroki-kun, where are you going? Aren't you going to get changed?" Midoriya suddenly calls, startling Todoroki and stopping him in his tracks. He hadn't expected anyone to notice him. He turns around nonchalantly, keeping a blank expression.

"To the bathroom." He said bluntly, pausing for a second to survey Midoriya's reaction – a habit he'd picked up after living with and explosive father for fifteen years.

Midoriya smiled, but he could see worry outlined in his eyes. Someone as meddling as Midoriya wasn't a good person to have worrying about him, especially because he's someone who'll do anything to interfere and help, and he was intelligent enough to figure things out too. The thought made Todoroki frown.

"I'll see you, Midoriya." He said, turning around and walking towards the door. He heard him say something, but the closing door blocked his voice out.

The bathrooms were right beside the changing rooms, so Todoroki could still hear the murmur of his classmate's chatter. It was soothing, strangely enough. It helped him concentrate on the reality around him.

He shut the cubicle door and began to undress, careful not to rip any of his bandages. Unfortunately, they were already coming loose, the blood from the grazes and cuts he had acquired splotched across each layer. He tried to adjust them, but he had no idea how to do it. If anything, he made them looser, frustrating him further.

Noticing the chatter from next door was fading, he ignored the rest and quickly slipped into his new costume, pulling his sleeves down to make sure none of his injuries could be seen. When the fabric brushed against his skin he couldn't help but groan, causing him to take longer than he expected. By the time he'd returned to the change room, everyone was gone. He didn't mind at all; he didn't have to worry about anymore question.