Chapter 8

With a long drive ahead of them, Naomi finally pulled up in the parking lot. Suzu groaned as Sam continued to pull small smirks at her. Mika laughed at the two and Naomi unbuckled her seatbelt.

"We're here!" She squealed, which made Suzu wheeze.

"Seriously, Patterson! You don't have to scream that every time we arrive." Suzu retorted, slamming her face into her hand before unbuckling her seatbelt and jumping out the car.

"We're not in the classroom, Suzu. Don't call me by my last name." Naomi replied, frowning as she got out the car.

Mika laughed as she got out the car with Sam following her close behind. He pulled his jacket more over his shoulders and then took the girl's hand. The raven-haired female looked at him, seeing a small reassuring smile on his face.

"Lighten up, doofus. I promise ya, Lisette won't get anywhere near us." Sam nodded at her, which caused her to softly laugh. "I know that, you dork." She replied as a huff was heard from her.

Mika took Sam's hand and smiled at her friends. They all walked into school as soon as the bell rang.

"Well. First class, here we go!" Naomi squealed in excitement.

"Naomi. Shut up." Suzu snorted at Naomi, frowning before exchanging looks with the male. Sam returned the look and the two of them glared silently. It got awkward, which caused Mika to clear her throat and the four of them headed to class.

It was Economics. The class Mika's father pushed her to do. Yes, she only did the lesson because of not wanting to disappoint her father. But now, she wasn't so sure.

Ms Phillips began talking once more about the Model Formula, making sure we had enough of the experience for the upcoming test. Sam kept calling out, which caused Ms to get quite irritated. Mika chuckled at the frown Sam pulled every time he was denied to ask his question.

The Economics class went by quite quickly, which caused a smile on her face. She could finally go to the Cafeteria and have a break from lessons. Suzu, once again, was out of the classroom like a rocket. But as soon as she got out, Sam was already out.

"How the?" The short-haired brunette had her eyes widened in confusion. She was always the first out. How did Mika's boyfriend beat her?

"I told you. I'm faster then I look." Sam replied with a sly smirk. Her red eyes sharpened at his direction. Mika and Naomi spoke as they walked out and saw the two glaring at each other.

"What's it with you two? Is there some sort of.. a Frenemy relationship?" Naomi questioned. The two stopped glaring at each other and then looked at Naomi. Sam simply shrugged and walked over beside his girl, holding her hand and walking down the corridors with her and her friends.

"They may be. I haven't worked it out yet." Suzu replied, scratching the back of her neck and looking at Sam.

"Let's just say. We're doing this for our own entertainment. Nothing's going on between us. This girl here just seems to be too full of herself." The male brunette smirked once more, getting a fearful glare from Suzu.

"In case that small pea brain of yours still hasn't processed it. My name is Suzu, not.. 'this girl.' Okay? Okay." She scolded, crossing her arms. He chuckled as they entered the cafeteria.

The four of them spoke about the random ideas that popped in their head at the time. However, the nightmare Mika had the previous night replayed in her mind. As much as she knew it was fake, something told her that Lisette had the same feeling and could automatically try to start it.

The thought of that stuck up blonde placing her hands all over Sam made the raven haired girl's stomach gnawed at her insides, knotting up and tightening. The feeling made her virtually sick. She felt like she needed to actually be sick, that was how her thoughts were telling her.