Feast of Fate

For reference, this short story has been written as part of a three piece series to celebrate the empowering of women. The idea of the Triple Goddess has long been present in the history and literature of many human civilizations, and she can usually be condensed down into three important aspects, or "phases", that mirror our own growth as women. (It is important to note that not all cultures have these goddesses represented in one being.)

The "Maiden" represents young women and is most closely associated with innocence. She is the beginning of life and represents the purity that we all enter the world with. For this series, our "Maiden" story was written by MeganDenner and you should check out her story!

The "Mother" represents women between the Maiden and Crone stages. She is every woman in the prime of her physicality and the maker of choices. For this series, our "Mother" story was written by MinaParkes and you should check out her story!

The "Crone" is the symbol of wisdom in life. She can either be represented as a terrifying figure who brings death and the end of all things, or as a kindly figure who protects and guides with all the knowledge gained from a lifetime. The truth of the Crone is something that I cannot know, but I imagine she is probably both aspects above. 

The end of things is often the beginning of new things, and change is scary, but we can survive that fear by understanding that others have faced similar, if not exactly the same, circumstances in their lives and overcome them. 

It is my pleasure to bring you a story that focuses on this wise woman, and all that she offers to younger women.