Chapter 19

Flowerpelt walked along the border behind Nightwing who led the patrol, Fernsong, Rockfall, Brightclaw and Leafwhisker were also a part of the patrol. Flowerpelt walked in silence, taking in the warm afternoon. It was nearly greenleaf and it couldn't come soon enough, Flowerpelt wanted to sunbathe and hunt in the warm weather. Leafwhisker and Fernsong were having a conversation about Rustkit, Barkkit and Snakekit becoming apprentices, which would happen in the next few moons.

SunClan still didn't have any apprentices, but they would soon. They would get three apprentices very soon and Willowkit wasn't far behind them. Flowerpelt had also noticed how some cats were looking very close, namely Jayflight and Frostclaw. Flowerpelt wouldn't be surprised if Frostclaw moved into the nursery soon.

When the patrol reached the AshClan border, Flowerpelt noticed that there was a very strong scent, stronger than usual. She tensed up, last time this happened AshClan attacked. She looked to the rest of the patrol, they seemed to have scented it as well.

"Are AshClan testing the border again?" Leafwhisker questioned, Nightwing twitched her ears.

"I think they are." Nightwing sighed. "I swear those cats get bored and decide to fight us." She looked to the patrol. "I'm going to report this to Foxstar, we may have a fight on our paws."

Flowerpelt tensed, she didn't she had ever fought in a battle. The only one that took place was when she was an apprentice and Owlfoot sent her back to camp. She really didn't want to fight, but she would if she had to.

When they reached camp, Nightwing immediately went to where Foxstar was talking with Mallownose outside the SunTree. Flowerpelt went to Stormwind who was talking with Cloudstorm and Crowfur.

"How was the patrol?" Stormwind asked cheerfully when Flowerpelt sat down beside them.

"AshClan's scent was really strong, like they were taunting us." She flicked her tail. "Nightwing thinks they want to fight again."

"But why?" Crowfur tilted her head. "Things have been peaceful between us, why would they would want to start a fight."

"Because Goldenstar likes to fight." Cloudstorm snorted. "I fought the last time they attacked and she said it was just because she wanted to show that AshClan is strong, I guess peace means weakness to her."

Flowerpelt groaned, what a mousebrained concept. Peace meant friendly gatherings, no battles and happy lives. Why would it ever mean weakness? "I just hope that Goldenstar has a tiny bit of sense to her, she's gonna get a cat killed with that attitude." The other she-cats agreed. Flowerpelt continued her conversation with Stormwind, Crowfur and Cloudstorm. She couldn't help but notice how different being a warrior felt.

She had the freedoms to hang out with her friends, she could go on patrols and hunt as she pleased. Flowerpelt loved training under Owlfoot, but was glad she had a lot more freedoms.

The next day, Flowerpelt returned from hunting with a hefty caught of two squirrels and two mice. She deposited them on the fresh-kill pile and admired her work. It was a beautiful day and the cats of SunClan were relaxing. She looked over at the nursery and saw Fishtail laying on the ground while four kits ran over her, batting at her ears and tail. She just let them, purring the entire time.

Flowerpelt let out a purr herself, Fishtail loved kits. She may be stubborn towards apprentices and other warriors but Flowerpelt knew she had a huge weakness for the kits. Even with Snakekit but her ear she didn't complain. The queens were sharing tongues in the sun while Fishtail kept the kits busy, Flowerpelt felt her heart warm up at the sight of it.

Near the drinking pool, Leafwhisker and Briarheart were sharing tongues while Sunstream and Honeywing had a conversation beside them. SunClan was happy, it was such a nice day and Flowerpelt was glad her Clan could enjoy the peace.