2.0 Need

Thanks so much for 2k❤️

Need is different than want. Want is a desire, a thing you wish you had. Need is something you must have in order for survival. I need my brother. I need Shawn, and now I have realized, that I need Dylan.

"Before we enter this maze of childhood chaos we need some rules," Dylan said as she turned off the car.

"Okay, fine. I have a few to set as well."

"Okay, here are mine. Number one there will be no talk of family issues, meaning we will not bring up Cory. Number two there will be no mention of how we stopped talking to each other. Number three we pretend like nothing bad is happening like we have nee friends this whole time like everything has always been fine. We allow our selves to be happy, for one night."

"I like those."

"You didn't have a choice."

"Oh?" I laughed

"Your turn." Dylan smiled trying to act seriously.

"Okay. There will be no mention of Shawn, especially about how you think I feel about him, and there will be no cheesy flashback comments, especially ones that relate to the last time we were at this carnival together."

"I guess that's fair, but before we get out of this car. When was theist time we were here?"

"We were 12. The summer before high school, the summer before everything went to shit."I said opening the passenger door.

"Wait, break one of my rules, before you get out, its only fair."

"Cory hated the carnival." I sated getting out the car.

"Wait!"

"What Dylan?" I said shutting the door.

"One last rule break. "

"Okay fine."

"Why are you so scared to tell him?"

I stood there for a moment. Of course, there was an answer, there just wasn't a short way to describe it, there wasn't a simple answer.

"Shawn has always been there, maybe that's the problem, maybe that's the feelings. I don't know. He dropped everything for me, for Cory. He knows when I need to talk about something, he knows when I need real advice and when I need him lie, to tell me things will be okay even though they won't be. He has told things they way they were, the truth, always the truth. He has been everything I need for so long, and somewhere along the way, I realized I liked him little more than a friend. I will never risk our friendship, I will never ever tell him because I can't risk this. I am not scared, it's just never going to happen."

"But Sammy, you two belong together, your risking that."

"Maybe, but our friendship is right now, a relationship is the future and if he doesn't want that, we ruin the right now.. understand?"

"No, but I see where your coming from."

"Okay, can we go in the carnival now?"

"Yes."

We pulled our tickets from our bags and handed them in before entering the carnival. It was your classic street carnival. Mainly booths for games and snacks, a few places to take photos, and about three rides. A Ferris wheel, the teacups, and then a small kids rollercoaster."

"I think that rollercoaster is too intense for you Dylan."

"Shut up, you were the one who threw up on them when we were kids."