2 Hiding

Harry sat with his chin in his hands and elbows on his desk, watching the clock tick by. He was not at all interested in potions, nor was willing to try and act interested. Instead he wrote short stories and poems in his note book, equip with illustrations. Hermione once asked for notes and found nothing but sappy poems and little stories about a tall blond boy, after that, she had her suspicions.

"Can someone other than Neville tell me how to add an Aconite to a wolfsbane potion? Potter, you look like you're trying to avoid me so I'll give the question to you." Said Professor Small, an oddly pale lady with long blond hair, similar to Luna Lovegoods.

Harry, unprepared to give an answer, said the first thing that pooped into his head.
"You, um, crush it and sprinkle into the cauldron, stirring anticlockwise?"

"No. Maybe if you pay attention, you may know the answer to the next question I ask you." She retaliated. Blaise Zabini snickered at Harry's answer, to which Harry replied with an unamused stare.And with that, Harry tuned straight out of the lesson once more.

The bell finally rang but it wasn't lunch yet, much to Ron's disappointment, it was time for Divination. This was just another class Harry would never need in his career as an Aurora, according to him. Though Harry was a little more intrigued by divination then potions because his death had been predicted at least 5 times in that room, and wrong every time, might I add.

"Right, this class with be handy to you in your later years my children. The skills you gain by taking this class will keep you spiritually and mentally healthy..." professor Jeraldine trailed on.

"I don't want to be mentally healthy if it means I'm anything like her." Ron whispered in Harry's ears. This made Harry giggle and have to stuff his face into his robes, to muffle the noise. Ron's jokes made the class go faster than usual, which was good because both Ron and Harry were starving.

On their way out of class, Harry noticed a little patch of blond hair running in the opposite direction to the great hall. Harry thought better of it then to alert Ron, so he snuck off to spy on Draco alone.

Harry had to move quickly to keep up. He turned multiple corners and went through plenty of corridors. He finally stopped in a fairly large room full of statues, Harry recognised it as the room where Slughorn held the Christmas party in 6th year. What in God's name is Draco doing here? Harry thought. Harry slipped through the door as quietly as he could, he could hear music, a stringed instrument. No words being sung, just a beautiful melody was played. Draco sat on the window sill, strumming his guitar. Harry didn't know wether to make his presents known or not, he felt weird just listening to someone play music but he also didn't want Draco to stop and yell at him. So he slowly got closer and Draco started to sing.

"Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay here in heaven

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please, begging please

Beyond the door there's peace I'm sure
And I know there'll be no more tears in heaven"

Draco hadn't stopped singing before Harry ran out of there. He was baffled, Draco had such a lovely voice and that song was much too nice for an ex death eater to sing. Wow, Harry kept thinking in his head. And that thought didn't leave Harry's head for the rest of the day.

At dinner, Harry hummed Draco's song over and over until it drove everyone mad.

"Harry mate. If don't stop humming now, I'll have to rip your tongue out." Ron threatened.

"Where did that song even come from, to get stuck in your head?" Hermione questioned. Harry had to think of a quick lie. He couldn't say he was listening to Draco play the guitar, so he said, "um, professor McGonagall has a music box in her office that plays that tune." Hermione raised an eyebrow and looked at Ron. She didn't believe that story but she didn't care to go deeper into Harry's lie.

Later in the common room, Harry tried to recall some of the lyrics Draco sung. This didn't go too well. Harry got nothing and quickly became frustrated. He went to bed before the others, just so he could hum in peace and remember the image of Draco on the sunlit window sill, golden hair and a beautiful brown guitar under his arm, which seemed to fit like a puzzle.