Chapter 1

-Dicks POV-

Chief Addad had said there was a kid they brought in being 'difficult'. So apparently difficult children is my job now.

I walk into the interrogation room. Yes, they brought a kid, a kid, into the interrogation room! What did he even do?

I walk in to see a child no older than 10 sitting in the chair, handcuffs and all, with gashes and bruises all on his lean frame. I stared wide eyed at him for a second before regaining my composure and walked towards him.

"What's your name kid?" I say, sitting in the chair in front of him. No answer. I sigh looking at him. He had a hood covering his eyes. I lean over and pull it off his head revealing emerald green eyes.

He had a visible scowl on his face and a couple bruises on his cheeks. "I said, what's your name?" I say again, trying to sound more firm. "-tt- I fail to see how my name is important in this situation." The boy says, glancing up and giving a glare. I sigh again.

"Alright, how about we start with what you did, ok?" "-tt- I just wish to have my katana back." Katana?! What was this kid doing with a katana? "Why did you have a katana?" "To fight with, you imbecile." I pinch the bridge of my nose. This kid was hopeless. "Who were you fighting?" I ask, hoping to get at least one good answer. The boy seemed to hesitate before saying, "A gang was attacking me so I defended myself." Finally. An answer.

"Alright, now we're getting somewhere." I say, smiling to try and ease the tension growing in the room. "So now that we kn—" I was cut off by the boy speaking.

"My name is Damian. -tt- do you know enough now to let me go?" "Unfortunately I can't 'let you go'. It's dark and dangerous. Dangerous for you and anyone else possibly getting slashed with your sword."

-Damian's POV-

I've been here long enough, it's simply irritating. These handcuffs are unnecessary. Ok, I may have attacked one of the police men, but that was only because he grabbed me.

Ok, I might have been trying to run away from them, but that was also because I've done nothing wrong! I only stabbed a couple gang members. They attacked me first! -tt- this is all a big waste of time.

I moved my hands up and down, jingling the cuffs. "Will you at least take these off me? They're uncomfortable." I saw the officer hesitate before reaching over with a key and taking the handcuffs off my wrists.

I winced at the sudden pain I felt on my wrists when they were taken off. The officer must have noticed this because his face now looked worried. He walked over to my side of the table and knelt down.

"Let me see your wrists." I glare at him. "-tt- wh—," before I can even finish my sentence, he gently grabs my wrist.

I flinch slightly at the pain from the pressure. He seems to be inspecting it. "Looks like its sprained." I hear him say. He sounds, worried? I don't even know him, why is he worried.

"Just tell me where you live and I'll drive you there. Your parents need to take you to the hospital to help with your injuries."

Like hell i'm letting this man take me back to the place I was running away from. "I can't" I answer simply.

"And why not?" "I can't tell you." I hear him mutter things under his breath before he stands up straight again. "Looks like your coming with me then." I look at him with a questioning look.

-Dicks POV-

If this kid won't tell me where he lives then I'll just have to take him to the hospital myself. I put my hand down to help him out of the seat. After a few seconds he finally takes it and stands up.

He seems a bit wobbly at first but regains his balance. "You alright there?" I ask. "Fine." He says, irritation showing in his words.

We walk out of the interrogation room, a few questioning looks from other officers. Chief Addad confronts us, a questioning look of his own. "What info did you get?" He asks. "His name is Damian and he was only defending himself from gang members.

He sustained injuries and he won't tell me where he lives so I was going to take him to the hospital, sir." I say. The Chief nods to me and walks off.

We walk outside and get to my cop car. I open the driver door and get in. Damian gets into the passenger seat beside me, a scowl written all over his face. To say this kid was a pain in the ass was an understatement, but something about him made me want to know more.