Chapter 2

Damian sat in the passenger seat, looking out the window with his arms crossed. Dick sighed as he kept his eyes on the road. "If you just told me where you lived, this could go by faster." Damian scoffed in reply.

Dick rolled his eyes. "Why not? Do you have an abusive family? Is something happening at home? Divorce?" Dick asked, trying to get answers. In all honesty, he was worried for the kid. Something more serious could be happening. "What? No! I just.." Damian started. "I don't have to tell you!" He answered quickly.

Dick stayed silent as they pulled into the parking lot of CVS. They both stepped out of the car. Damian stayed near his door as Dick walked around it towards him. Damian stared at the building, thinking. Right when Dick was about to say something, Damian made a move to run.

"Hey!–" Dick yelled, grabbing Damian's wrist and pulling him back. "If you told me where you lived–" "No!" Damian cut him off as he tried to get out of his grip. He was done hearing that. "Im not telling you where I live! Give it up!" Dick put his free hand up in defense. "Alright, alright. But you'll have to tell me sooner or later." Dick said. Damian just huffed.

Dick held onto Damian's wrist as they made their way into the building. "Would you let go of me now?" Damian asked, annoyed. "Don't even think about running away." Dick answered, letting go of Damian's wrist. Damian just looked down, rubbing it with a scowl.

Dick signed Damian in quickly. They both walked to (whatever those rooms with the weird bed thing is called. You know what I'm talking about....hopefully) A woman sat at a desk, writing things down when she noticed the two entering the room. She went to shake Dick's hand. "Hello, my name is Dr. Lee." "Dick, and this is Damian." Dick answered, shaking her hand and gesturing to Damian.

Damian didn't even looking at the woman, and instead jumped on the bed. (is that what they are?? I really should've done my research before making this chapter) "He just needs some wounds bandaged, maybe some stitches, that's all." Dick said, sitting down in a chair next to Damian. Dr. Lee took a look at some of Damian's injuries.

"My, what happened here?" She said, looking at a stab wound on his arm, concern in her voice. "A knife happened." Damian replied bluntly. She decided it best to just leave it at that and got to work.

She bandaged a few gashes on his arms and legs quickly. "That one serious injury is going to need some stitches. It may hurt a smidge, ok?" She said in a sweet voice. "-tt- don't patronize me. I'll be fine." Damian said, irritated. She just shrugged and began stitching up his arm.

As they left the CVS, Dick pried more with Damian, receiving nothing but yelling and protests. He didn't know what to do with the kid. "Just drop me off somewhere in the streets, I'll find my way back to Gotham." Damian said, then immediately saw his mistake. He mentally cursed himself.

"Wait, you live in Gotham? What're you doing in Blüdhaven?" Dick said excitedly. He was finally getting somewhere. "Just shut up, you're giving me a headache." Damian groaned. He wish he just hadn't said anything at all.

They finally made it into the car, Dick still asking questions and getting no answers in return. Only little snarky remarks. "My father and I..had a..falling out." Damian finally said, trying to muster the words. Dick was confused but sudden realization hit and a smirk formed the corners of his lips. "Ohhhhh I get it, you're a runaway"

"I am not a runaway! I'm simply..avoiding my father for the time being." Damian tried to explain. He didn't want to be called 'the runaway' by anyone, especially Dick Grayson. "I bet he's worried about you." Dick said in a soft voice, peering over at Damian, who was turned facing out the window. Damian stayed silent, refusing to look at Dick.

Dick sighed and started his car. "Well, I'm not dropping you off on the streets. So either tell me where you live, or..I guess you can stay in my apartment." Dick said, pulling out of the parking lot. Maybe giving Damian a choice would get him an answer.

"I'm not going back home." Damian said, still staring out the window. Dick groaned. "My apartment it is then."