Ch 1. When we met I had no idea you'd become this important to me.

[Anonymous]
___________________________

I never expected things to turn out like this. Well, I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't have. Though I'm certain a lot of them still dream about it. A brand new and exciting life full of uncertainty. Who wouldn't want that?

Unfortunately...

Life isn't known for granting wishes the way you want it to...

No...

Life likes to toy with its victims...

Mercilessly ~

~~~

Crisp autumn wind whirled past me. Its cool fingers tracing my features and lifting up lone strands of hair. Twirling wildly around my flushed cheeks. Its vibrant color creating a perfect harmony with the roadside trees momentarily enclosing my shivering frame. The cold seeping through my rather scarce layers of clothing. Not that I cared much about it anyway. I've always held a deep love for this season in particular. Especially the vast amount of colors surrounding me at all times.

Eyes strained forward I gazed at the faint clouds of air puffing past my slightly paling lips. A satisfied smile curling the corners of my mouth upwards. Such a lovely sight, indeed. Without averting my gaze I pulled the sleeves of my long sweater down so they covered my frostbitten fingertips. While doing so the tip of my index finger brushed past the ever present ring adorning my right hand. Humming gingerly I watched the brightly colored leaves sway gently in silent content, recalling some of the memories we shared. By my side it'd lived through countless events and I'm sure there were many more to come.

Raising my hands I shield my eyes from the sudden bright ray of light passing through the thick layer of clouds. Glancing up I took in the somewhat cold light of the sun.

"How kind of you to grace us with your presence." I mumbled with a vaguely humorous smile.

Not that I particularly hated the sun or anything. Rather, I hated the sudden attack it threw my way. Heaving a deep sigh I continued my way down the path. My bag swaying as I continued onward. Another tiring day over and done with.

In the background my playlist continuously worked its magic. Blasting song after song while I mouthed the words along. These were my favorite moments of the day. Walking back home from the bus stop through a small park while enjoying the fresh air. Not a single soul in sight seeing as most people had already found their way home. The peaceful atmosphere working wonders on ones psyche.

Sensing an almost unnoticeable buzz resound from my pocket, I reached down to grab my phone. As the screen lit up I let my eyes glide past the many reminders. I should probably pay more attention to those but I simply can't be bothered at the moment. What did catch my attention was a sole notification. Enlarging the tiny bar I read its content. A snicker pushed past my lips as I realized what it said. Another recommendation from the creepypasta app. I sure had become addicted to it by now.

It'd started out rather innocently. Rumors surrounding the mysterious murder cases had been circling around our town for decades. Everyone knew about them so no one was surprised when another cold case popped up. After all, they frequently appeared in the news. Another body missing most of its internal organs was found? What's new? Ms. Johnson's mutilated corpse had been rotting inside her home for three days before the police arrived? Kind of saw that one coming.