Ch 5. You are the person I'll never stop looking for in a crowded place.

[WTM]
___________________________

If I had to pick one, I'd probably say that Fridays were my favourite. No classes, work or obligations to keep me occupied. On the off chance I did have to be on campus it'd only be for two hours tops. Plus everyone would have either gone home already or was currently on their way. Thus creating the perfect chance for me to sit back and visit my number one hangout spot.

I particularity like this one because of the simple reason that it was a cafe inside a bookstore. Enjoy reading a few books together with a lovely hot drink. Doesn't sound all that bad to me. The first time I'd visited this place was because my lector had decided to hold our individual evaluations here. Afterwards I'd decided to stick around and browse the aisles for reading materials. Granted it didn't take long for me to become a regular. I especially enjoyed coming here to study during exam periods. Helped me stay focussed on the task at hand.

The rustic, German-style wooden cabin like interior only added to its charm, creating a safe environment to relax. I was currently seated somewhere at the back next to a large window with a freshly brewed cup of coffee in front of me. Laptop opened up in front of me, projecting a PowerPoint presentation on accountability, and a book on psychology laying next to me. My hands moved around with fervor as I worked on a summary of said subjects. First up law, next would be psychology. Exams started in two weeks time and I wasn't about to procrastinate any further.

A sudden banging sound made me cringe slightly. Dammit, not again! Without looking down I grabbed the agate necklace and stuffed it back into my sweater. It wasn't the first time this had happened in the last couple of days. Albeit the messed up origins of how this piece of jewelry came to be in my possession, I still wore it every day. For some reason I just couldn't refuse the mysterious letters request of wearing it. That and the fact that it would be a shame to just have it laying around.

Part of the reason I was so adamant on keeping myself busy was so I wouldn't have to think about all those strange occurrences. Ignoring the issue would most likely come back to bite me in the ass. However I couldn't care less at the moment. The only thing trying to wrap my mind about the situation would do right now was fuck me up even more. It'd taken a long time for me to get up and running again after that night.

At first I refused to leave my room unless it was to go to the bathroom. Two days later and one of my friends came by to drag my ass towards a party organized by our student body. Though I don't blame her because I'm as much of a regular as she is.

Getting absolutely wasted together had proven to be an effective method of getting me to calm down. Nothing had happened even though I was at my most vulnerable. This gave me the confidence necessary to set foot into the outdoors again, where I currently found myself. A healthy dosis of stress to make me take action while still relatively relaxed. Remember kids: comfort - stretch - stress.

Without removing my gaze from the screen I picked up my mug, gently placing it against my lips and taking a sip. The pleasant aroma of ground coffee filled my nostrils with delight. How I adored this scent. It's always had a soothing effect on me. Most likely because it reminds me of my father. A stubborn, strong willed and kind man who's raised me with love and care.

I dearly love both of my parents and of course my younger brother too. Despite the occasional family quarrels we've always been close. They've supported me throughout every decision and I'm eternally grateful for that. Although I live on my own and relatively far away now, we still keep in touch on the regular.