chapter one - New beginning

Hawkins, Indiana

March, 1985

Chapter one - New beginning

"Are you sure this is the place? To me, this little family friendly town don't scream our Billy,"

Bobby Ryan surveyed the street he drove by with an arched brow. This town, Hawkins, was way too clichè for Bobby: the cinema with the billboard of the movies on, the humongous, ancient library and the arcade just topped it all off. Reminded him of Florida. He sneered at the thought and drummed his fingers on the steering wheel, Guinvivere White humming along to Attitude by Bad brains.

It was early morning. The sun that poked up from the seam of the world breathed red into the purple-blue sky and the clouds glowed a hot pink.

"Well, we know very well that Neil don't give a rat's ass about Billy," she stated unhappily, cupping her hand over her mouth as she lit her cigeratte.

"This is the place. Hawkins, Indiana. That's what Miss Hargrove said," Ginny added as she prompted her leather-booted feet on the dash board, the cancer stick bobbing in her chapped lips. Bobby gave a displeased look at the boots and shoved them off.

"Could you not ruin my whip, lint licker. And you have too much respect for Bonnie, you call her Miss Hargrove like she's your damn English teacher," Bobby commented, smirking as Ginny rolled her eyes and plucked out her cig, exhaling smoke like a Dragon.

"You know who is a lint licker, Thirstbucket Georgia from Texas," she snickered snidley and Bobby cackled, slapping his steering wheel.

"Not saying it's not okay to be a bent ruler, we have Billy for fucks sakes, but she goes out with some ratchet bitches," by the time Ginny was done, Bobby had parked along the side walk in front of a diner because he was laughing so hard. He wiped his eyes and coughed up the last of his chuckles.

"Shall we gets some chow? I'm mad hungry," Bobby suggested with a strained voice, a teeth showing grin stretching his lips and Ginny nodded as they jumped out the car. It was a purple Honda Prelude 1985, a Christmas present from Bobby's brother, Sean, who was minted from an unknown job.

Bobby looked up at the diner, Debbie's Diner was in orange bromello front above the double doors and faintly glowed. The inside was like a diner on the side of a destinationless highway. Black and white checkered floor, red leather booths and spinning stools at the wooden bar. They took a seat in the booth at the back.

"And of course I respect Miss-", "Bonnie," he corrected. "Bonnie. She's wavy and Billy's mom, and damn she's been through some shit," Ginny said strongly, Bobby nodded in agreement and a waitress came over. She was just as cliche. Slender, short black hair with a bow and she smiled sweetly at them with glossy lips. He could basically smell the strawberry flavour.

"What can I get you two today?" She questioned, note in hand.

"Two black coffees." Ginny replied rudely, the waitress, who's name was Delilah from the tag, looked a little shocked but shook it off and wrote it down. Ginny excused herself to the rest room and Bobby, adjusting his leather jacket, smiled at Delilah.

"Don't mind her. She hates waitresses. It a personal thing," he explained kindly and Delilah flipped her fringe out her face.

"Well you sound like you're a long way from home, with those accents. You from New York?" She queried with a interested expression, he nodded and smirked.

"Indeed ma'am, Manhattan herself." He clicked his tongue while Delilah gasped and bit her lip in excited, she lent over the table.

"What's it like? Is it true it never sleeps? Always awake and loud and busy?" She queried curiously, pale green eyes wide and lips glistening. Pretty thing she was.