Chapter One: Fairies

I've always been able to see them since I was a little girl, they appeared to me as fairies, but it turned out that they were lost spirits. They transformed themselves into fairies so they wouldn't scare me, they always were older people and knew that they would scare me off without being so called fairies. My mother seemed worried about me when I spoke of them, she didn't believe me at first till they told me she wasn't my real mother. So, at the age of eleven, with no memories of my past, I told the woman I had called mother for years I knew she wasn't my true mom. She was shocked that I knew of it, but she told me the truth, she told me my parents passed away in an accident and she was my god mother. That was also the day she gave me my mother's necklace, it was a simple necklace with a blue and purple crystal as the main piece. I've always worn it and as I grew older the years before my eleventh birthday were dull and I was unable to remember, I asked my mother but she knew nothing about it.

My mother trained me in hand to hand combat and sword fighting with archery on the side, she wanted me to be able to protect myself. So, by the age of seventeen, I was a master at archery, sword fighting, and hand to hand combat. "Gemma! You're gonna be late!" My mother called and I ran down the stairs with my backpack halfway on, my black hair a curly mess. "Remember, you have to give the Clayton kids the tour today." She said as she gave me my keys, I nodded and went to my school. My teachers let me out of my first and second period class so I could show the new students around, I sighed softly and I walked to the front of the school to wait for the Clayton siblings. I looked at their names again, Leo and Layla Clayton. Leo was in my grade while Layla was a year below us, I looked up to see two new faces getting out of a car. A boy got out with dark glasses, and so did a girl. They looked like they were completely unrelated, I guess those were the Claytons. They soon walked up to me.

"Hello! My name is Layla and this is my brother, Leo. I'm sorry about his sunglasses, Leo's eyes are hyper sensitive to the sun sometimes." She said "I'm Gemma Snow, it is nice to meet you both." I said and we walked inside the building "So, what is our first stop?" Layla asked and I turned to them, I froze to see Leo's eyes a bright ivy green as he took off his glasses. "I'm sorry, we're heading to the office first to get your schedule and locker numbers." I said after snapping myself away from Leo's mesmerizing green eyes, Layla giggled slightly "Is something funny Layla?" I asked "You like Leo's eyes, don't you?" She asked and my face went bright red "It's okay, everyone likes his eyes." She said and I looked at her "This isn't appropriate." I said and her eyes widened slightly "You've got pretty blue eyes." She said with a grin, I wanted to bash my head into the wall. "So, we have a ton of clubs you two could join." I said "What clubs are you in?" Leo asked and this was the first time I had heard him speak since he got here.

"I'm in archery and fencing." I said as we came close to the office "Is there a track team here? Leo likes to run." Layla said "Yes, we do have a track team if you are interested." I said as we walked into the office "Hey Gemma, what can I do for you today?" Stella asked with a grin "I need the schedules and locker numbers for Layla and Leo Clayton." I said and she nodded, she reappeared with their things. "Thanks Stella." I said and she nodded, I gave them their schedules and locker numbers. We walked quietly as I showed them their lockers "So, Gemma, you got a boyfriend? Girlfriend?" Layla asked "I'm not dating." I said embarrassed, she giggled "Leo was right, you get embarrassed easily." She said and I turned to them. "You're asking embarrassing questions, I'll show you the campus." I said then looked up to see a "fairy" I laughed slightly as it floated beside me, we continued to walk "Also, Leo, please speak louder." I said looking back at him, his eyes widened slightly. "Gemma! I just made an amazing discovery! You should really get with Mr. Panther eyes over there." She whispered.

I covered my mouth as I laughed slightly, the fairy giggled alongside me. It was time for break and we had toured the campus "If you have any questions, just ask me." I said and Layla grabbed my arm "Who is that?" She asked with wide eyes, pointing at Marcus Jacobs "Marcus Jacobs, but I wouldn't recommend it, Layla." I said and he saw us, he walked up to us "How's life, Germ?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow "Pretty good since you're not in it, STD." I said and walked off "You dated him, didn't you?" She asked and I saw girls flock to Leo "Yes, but it was a one time thing. He's a jerk." I said and I watched as Leo spoke to the girls who came to him, Layla saw it too "Leo isn't really comfortable with people and I think he found you comforting a bit, I think he likes you." She said with a smile "Your brother seems fine with all that attention." I said "He's really nice, but I can tell." She said and pulled me along with her to where he was "Excuse me, girls. I'm not done with my tour."

The girls grumbled in dismay as I grabbed his arm, tugging him out of that hole he was in. "Can't leave you alone." I grumbled out as Layla laughed slightly "I like you Gemma, you're the most refreshing person at this place." She said.