introduction ☁︎

" i've seen that look in your eyes; it makes me go blindcut me deep, these secrets and lies "

eyes; it makes me go blind
cut me deep, these secrets and lies "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

A STRAY KIDS FICTION.
DYSTOPIAN AU, MAKNAE LINE.
JYP ENTERTAINMENT.

TAKEN PLACE IN 2066
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

they were SUBJECTS.

now for what, they had no idea. taken at birth, the 5 of them never got to see their parents, or any other relative for that matter; nor did they see each other. they were locked in a capsule, frozen in the year 2017, only set to unfreeze when 2066 came about, and today? it was the very first day of 2066.

they never got a chance to see how much the world had changed, whether it be for the better- or for the worse. now, usually you'd expect the world by then to be just like heaven on earth, but if you were like hyunjin and skeptical about everything and everyone, you'd know it was only hell on earth.

quiet murmurs and the sound of the keys on the keyboard flooded the soundless room. yewon's eyes stayed trained on the freeze dried foods in front of her she heard only astronauts ate, no emotion to the weak girl.

it had been forty eight years since her last meal, since her last contact with a human that wasn't trying to stick her with a needle, it was ridiculous.

"good morning, yewon."

the sudden sound of the unfamiliar voice shocked her, albeit only causing her to jump slightly. upon looking up, yewon was faced with a brunette male, a large grin etched on his features.

she swallowed, wincing at the sharp feeling coursing down her throat. guess she wasn't getting enough fluids like the others as well.

it took a while for her voice to appear instead of an inaudible whisper, but when it did this is what she said: "w-who are you? why are you keeping me here? where is my family?"

the doctor took the questions as no surprise, no doubt expecting her to ramble, just as the others and answered honestly.

"my name is doctor kwon. you are patient number two thousand, the very first patient to get frozen in the year of two thousand seventeen," he paused momentarily and stared at her with sympathy. "unfortunately, you were an orphan meaning-"

"i had no parents." yewon muttered, her lips parting in disbelief. a new question popped up in her head, but the doctor had already seemed to noticed it.

"if you're wondering whether the other 4 patients are orphans, yes, they were. we would never take you guys away from your parents." 

"..." yewon struggled to figure out what else she had to say, but was interrupted by the doctor once again, but not by words– actions speak louder than words, and that was proven as doctor kwon reached over to unlock the cage, stepping back with a ninety degree bow and leaving the room.

END OF INTRODUCTION
next chapter
coming tomorrow.