Chapter 8

Healing Prayers

**Ethan**

“Chloe, why are you following my wife?” “Hi Ethan, how are you and your parents?” “Did my parents put you up to this?” “I am just showing you who your wife really is, and you do not want to see it.” “What is my wife Chloe, I mean besides my wife and mother to my kids. Who is she.” “Did you forget she made her living on men’s lap and taking off her clothes and did you forg..” I interrupted her.

“Enough! Chloe.” I paused and took a deep breath. Chloe stay away from me and my family.” “Can your wife stay away from other men because it does not look like she can now do it.” I quickly hung the phone up and called Journee.

**Journee**

While playing with Tristan the phone ringing interrupted us. It was Ethan.

“Hello” “Hey beautiful how was your day?” “It was good I’m glad you called I need to talk to you about something very important.” “Love is everything ok with you and the kids.” “Yes,  baby and soon to be better for all of us,” I say with a smile. “Are you going to keep me in suspense?” “I will when you get home I want us to talk about this matter face to face.” I heard a beep on the other end of the line. “Baby hold on.” I clicked over.

“Hello” “Hello this is Mrs. Unders from Oakwood High School, is this Mrs. Harbin?” “Yes, it is. Is something wrong with one of my kids? Did something happen?” “Your daughter Grace has been in an accident and school and we have called the ambulance and her brother is with her. You can meet them at the hospital they are taking her to the hospital now.” “I’m on my way.”

“Ethan gets Curtis go to the middle school and get Mercy and you get to the hospital soon as you can. I broke down crying. “It’s Grace. We must get to the hospital soon as possible. I am going to ask your mom if you can watch Tristan.” I’m on my way.” “Ethan I’m scared.” “Sweetheart she is our daughter and she is a fighter she will be fine hurry and get there but be careful.” “I love you,” I said, and I heard Ethan tell me He loves me, and I hung up and got Tristan’s things together while I also called Mrs. Harbin. 

** Ethan **

All the way to the hospital I prayed for God to keep my daughter safe and guide the doctors who are taking care of her. I pulled in then rushed to the hospital and went and the lady at the desk.

“I am looking for my daughter she got brought in from her school Grace Harbin.” I watched her type some things up just as Journee came rushing in. “They have her in the back and the doctors need to see you at once. When will her mother be here?” “I am her mother?” Journee said quickly with tears in her eyes. “Ma’am I am sorry. If y’all will go through the double doors and turn to the left, they will be waiting.” Before we reached the doors, I heard Curtis call my name. “Hey, is everything ok with Grace we about to find out.” I looked at my daughter’s face and saw fear and panic wrote all over her. I wrapped my arms around her tight and kissed her forehead. “Sweetie your sister is going just fine I promise.” I hugged her again along with Journee and went through the double doors.

“Mom, dad,” EJ said and he got up and hugged us both. Before he could speak the doctors rushed “Mr. and Mrs. Harbin your daughter on her left arm has a broken rotor cup and from the fall she has not regained consciousness as yet.” “What does that mean?” I asked. “Is our daughter going to wake up?” “Mrs. Harbin, we do not know yet, but we also have another problem.” “Which is what?” I say. “Mr. Harbin the way you daughter landed she could have some vital injuries to her back possibly paralysis. “Are you sure?” Journee asked with tears streaming down her face. “ma’am we have no definite answers, but we do need to get her for more intensive tests and for surgery.” “May we see her first all of her family?” “Yes, make it quick?” I sent a text to Curtis and told him and Mercy to get back here quick as possible.  

We were all in the room looking at the condition of Grace and a million thing were running through my mind when I stopped and looked and my precious daughter and said, ‘God it’s in your hands.’

The Doctors and nurses came in just as the words escaped my lips. “We have to take her now.” “Wait. We are going to pray for my daughter and all of you who will be in an operating room and those doing the test on her.” “Sir we don’t have time for this.” “You better make time for God because he is the one we entrust her too. You are just who God has sent to care for Grace. Now please grab hands.” We all grabbed hands around Grace’s bed as I prayed.

“Heavenly Father, I along with my wife and all those under my voice to ask you keep my daughter you have blessed us with God please keep her safe, bring her back to us to be the happy bright beautiful light in our lives that she is. We claim her healing in the mighty name of Jesus. God please take the doctors and nurses hand and guide them be with them and give them strength to do their jobs. God thank you for my family and let Grace know we love her and we are all here. Thank you for these and all blessing in the mighty name of Jesus I pray.”

We all said Amen then we watched them roll her out the room. “Dad I took care of her best I could. What if I didn’t do a good enough job.” EJ said as he started crying. “I’m proud of you and you did great with your sister.” “EJ do you know what happened.” “Some girl said something about you and her and her friends were laughing, and Grace said it must kill you to know my parents will always be better than yours actually all of y’all. She was so high up on the bleachers and she was in the middle of turning and she pushed her with all of her might and and.” EJ broke down crying while Journee held him. “I just saw her and when she fell. I am sorry mom and dad. I should have protected her.” “EJ it is not your fault I promise baby boy.” We held them as Mercy came and we hugged and cried as I sent up more prayers.

After a while, Curtis took Mercy and EJ home and I watched Journee look out the window. I went and stood behind and wrapped my arms around her waist. “Ethan this is my fault.” “Love, how do you figure that.”  “You know must people party and stuff in high school and college then prepare for marriage and to have a family. I never did. All I knew was how to feel pain and take off my clothes now look all of our kids are paying for my mistakes. Ethan, I swear I would do it all again so I kids wouldn’t have to go through any of this. I never thought I would ever marry, have kids know what it is like to really be in love, but you gave it to me and every day I am so thankful and grateful.”

I turned Journee around so she would be facing me. “Our daughter has your strength and beauty. My love, you are everything to me and the kids please know this. The only person to blame is the one who pushed Grace.”

“And when I see that little bitch.” “Journee” “Ethan not now. She put her hands on my baby.” “Honey” “Ethan you can feel this wrath too if you keep calling my name.” I laugh and kiss my wife.

” I laugh and kiss my wife

“Ethan, she got her talent show in four weeks.” “And we will be there watching her.” I held my wife as she cried into my arms and I cried with her. 

Comment:

Vote: