Chapter 3

I looked now over to the ring beside ours, where Rhys and Azriel were sparring lazily. Each of them seemed focused on other things, Az on Elain and Rhys probably on the Spring Court visit. After Lucien had become High Lord of Spring, he made it his duty to piss off our entire court as much as possible. It seemed to work, but he was going to have to try a lot harder if he wanted to break us. 
"You two need to stop before you accidentally spear each other while dozing off." I laughed, which seemed to draw both from their not very momentary lapse of concentration. Rhys grinned and Az murmered something under his breath about 'not dozing off' and 'Elain right there'.
"Then, considering I am dozing off, you wouldn't mind sparring?" Rhys purred. 
"Prick." I grinned, and heard the patting of small feet behind me, and turned just in time to catch Emron as he jumped into my arms with tear filled eyes.
"What's wrong my darling?" I said, wiping the tears from his eyes.
"A-a-alst-t-t-on...." He wailed, and panic gripped my heart. I could see Cassian tense ever so slightly.
"Yes darling, what happened with Alston?"
"They took him!" He wailed again, and Cassian ran. I winnowed straight after him to the small room where Nesta had been entertaining the kids, which now held only a sobbing Nesta gripping a wooden sword.

I placed Emron down onto the floor, Rhys picking him up almost as soon as I let go, and dropped to my knees beside Nesta.
"I tried..." she said, no louder than a whisper, "I tried to stop him... but they threatened to kill him, so I let them take him." I wiped away her tears, just like I had done with Emron and held her. Nothing more was said, nor did it need to be said, as we sat in silence surrounded by a court of dreams that had been invaded by a nightmare.

An hour passed and no one had spoken, Cassian had taken my spot beside Nesta and they were both silently letting tears spill from their eyes.
"Feyre." I shivered as Elain whispered in my ear, I never even heard her move from beside Azriel, but then again, I never did when she moved. I turned and looked into her eyes, where a milky white lurked beneath her pupils.
"A vision?" I asked and her lips thinned to a line and she nodded. Her eyes clouded over again as she whispered,
"A stolen child, a given sin, a gift left, then things begin." Her eyes cleared again, and tears filled her eyes. "I can't lose any one else, never again. One war is enough for one lifetime." I smiled at her, but I knew it didn't reach my eyes. It held more pity than sadness.
"You have lived more than a lifetime already Elain," I said to her, pulling a single flower from her beautifully crafted braid. I placed it in the palm of my hand and an ice orb filled with swirls of darkness formed around it. "We fight our shadows to get to the flower. Nothing is more precious in my life then reaching that flower for my family." She gave me the same pitiful smiled as I had given her. 
"I am only worried that the flower will be dead before we reach it."

**********

A/N

So sorry there was no update, I was away from the computer for so long and updating one of my other stories! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! I know it is short, but things are just building up, *rubs hands evilly*.
Like, comment, share! (You know it makes my day :P)

Don't forget to check out my other stories Two Worlds Collided and A Different Type of Meeting!

A special shoutout to Sardorthian for the most recent follow!