Dates

Sitting silently, you clicked your fingers against the glowing blue keyboard on your desk. You hummed a quiet tune, responding to each panicked email from each panicked employee. It got hard sometimes, but there were some you enjoyed.

Like emails from Max. He was a simple man who loved Spiderman, you'd know him since he started working at Oscorp. He had an easy job on some days, and a hard one on others. Risky on some occasions, but he still got the job done

This day was his birthday, and it was special to him since it only came once a year. He had sent you an invite to a simple party at a local ice cream shop, which you responded with "Maybe, thank you Max :)"

He loved it when people remembered his name, since not many did. Poor old Maxwell Dillian, no real friends. You tried so hard, but sometimes it was hard to keep up with him.

"Come in," you stated when you heard a knock on your door. You looked up, and quickly stood, seeing as it was your boss, Mr. Osborn himself. "Hello (y/n)," he smiled, "I have a question for you."

"And I have an answer, Mr. Osborn," you replied. He shook his head with a light laugh, "Please, just call me Harry."

"Y'know, I strictly remember at that meeting yesterday, you wanted everyone to call you Mr. Osborn, since we werent friends," you smiled, sitting back down and removing your emails tab. Once again, he laughed, "Those rules dont apply to you, I wouldnt dare fire you."

You rolled your eyes, continuing your work. He stood in front of your desk and hit the master button, removing all tabs and making you focus on him, his blue eyes particularly bright in his reflection on the desk, "Now, my question... I know we work together, but would you like to go on a date tonight?"

"Mr. Osborn-" you started.

"Harry."

"Mr. Osborn. I will not call you Harry. You are my boss, not my boyfriend. And I have plans tonight. Maxwell Dillain-"

"Who?"

"My friend who works in this building- Has already made plans with me tonight. We're going out for ice cream, since it's his birthday," you said, face expressionless but irritated. A hint of jealousy his behind his glowing orbs, but you brushed it off. Now you had to go with Max, which wasnt entirely a bad thing, you just may be exhausted by the time you get there.

Harry clicked his tongue, turning on his heel towards the door. He opened it, but leaned against it for a mere second while stating:

"I dont care how long it takes. You'll call me Harry, and I'll call you mine."

With a wink and a charming smile, he shut the door, skipping just once before walking quickly towards his office. A smile pulled at your lips as you shook your head. You pulled open your emails, sending one to Max.

"Tell me what time, and I'll be there. Cant wait, Max!!"

--------------------

There was one thing you hated more than sitting at a desk all day. That thing was waiting. You waited and waiting at the ice cream parlor, actually wearing a casual dress for once.

Max never showed up.

You waited a half hour, an hour, two! He wasnt coming. You stood, pushing your chair back and shaking your head. Max was always late, but never this late... Your straightened up your dress and yanked out your phone, sending a very angry and disappointed email to Max.

"Thank God for couches," you groaned, flopping down onto your cushions after a short cab drive home. Your apartment was relatively cold, so you had to pull your favorite (f/c) blanket over your head. You havent slept in your own bed since... God knows when. You just flicked your TV onto some stupid cartoons. Then you shut your eyes and allowed yourself to rest.

-----------------------

You jumped at the sound of your phone going off, eyes shooting open. You looked out to your balcony, seeing how light it was outside. Then you saw the time... You were late.

You quickly answered the phone, fingers frantic as you stood up and started to get dressed, "Hello?" you sounded so panicked.

"Hello, (y/n)," a familiar voice said, though it was obscured. You gasped, "Mr. Osborn! I am so sorry, I know I'm late! I havent been late in four years! I forgot to set my alarm, and... Oh God, sir I am so sorry!"

"Dont worry, you arent going to be fired. I told you, I couldnt fire you. I just called to see how your date with this... Max character went."

You sighed in relief and relaxed as you began to refresh your makeup, "It wasnt a date, sir. And he didnt show up..." you muttered the last part. There was a weak laughter on the other end, "What a dick. Cant believe he would stand you up!"

"I cant believe it either, Max was always so sweet... Sure he was late a lot, but he never missed anything. Especially his own birthday."

You soon ended the conversation, since this felt very informal with your boss. Of course he flirted here and there as you said goodbye. That man would not be shot down without a fight, thats for sure. That or he was just ignorant...

Work was busy as usual. You nodded to the front desk workers as you quickly made your way upstairs.

"Finally, she arrives!" Harry said, clapping his hands together with a smile. He outstretched his arms as if he was attempting to get a hug, but you slipped just under his arm and you quickly made your way to your office. You raked your fingers through your still somewhat messy hair.

A small gasp escaped your lips as hands grabbed your shoulders, massaging them gently. Maybe you got too far into your work, since you heard nobody come in. You closed your eyes, allowing yourself to enjoy this for a second before jerking away to see who it was, but you already could have guessed.

Harry Osborn stood behind you, a smile gracing his lips, "So about that date... Mind giving it a shot?"