Chapter 1: Daydreaming and Shakespeare📚👨🏻‍🏫

Sigh. Another day at school. Marinette was early so she took her time getting up. Mari headed to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. She pulled on a black crop top, white ripped jeans and brown ankle boots. She shook her hair loose, shoved on a beanie and her headphones, then went downstairs to have breakfast. Usually, her parents would be downstairs, but they were on holiday in Barbados.

Guys, when writing ML fanfiction, try to think of some excuse to get rid of her parents. Like these:
-Holiday
-Honeymoon
-Business trip
-Dead(only if there is emergency)
-Sleeping (throughout the story)
-Cinema trip
-Anniversary
-Restaurant trip
-Ice skating
-Shopping
-Friend was heartbroken, went round his/her house to cheer him/her up.

See, I have lots of excuses. So yeah, Sabine and Tom, go away😂😂😂😂😂

Marinette poured a glass of juice and some toaster waffles. She quickly ate her breakfast and went to school. Weirdly, the sky was orangey-red. Alya was videoing the sky for her LadyBlog. She saw Mari walking towards her. "Heyyy! Girl, there's a dress-designing competition in school! You should sign up!" Alya grinned. Marinette looked uneasy. "Well, if that's what you want."
"I say you should do this!! The competition doesn't end until 22nd May, and it's 2nd April. I'll help you, anyways." Marinette high-fived Alya as the bell rang and they went inside for their first lesson. Marinette consulted her timetable. "Meh. We have Miss Bustier for English first lesson." Mari shuffled off to her classroom with Alya. Slowly, everyone arrived just in time for Miss Bustier to say, "Class! I have the most WONDERFUL NEWS!! We will not be doing our Shakespeare projects this month, but we will be focusing on the competition. It is a dress-making competition and the prize is... A ONE WEEK ROAD TRIP TO SINGAPORE!!" Miss Bustier roared. The whole class cheered and... "MARINETTE! STOP DAYDREAMING!" Miss Bustier snapped. Aw, man. It was just a daydream. "Now class, turn your textbooks to page 25, the life of Shakespeare..." Marinette found the topic so insanely boring, she wondered if anyone actually enjoyed reading Macbeth, A Midsummer Night's Dream or The Highwayman. She drifted off into a deep sleep. By lunchtime, she was yawning. "Girl, you should start planning your dress." Alya kept warning her. Marinette finally took out her notepad, pencil and eraser. Half an hour later, the bell rang and she was surrounded by crumpled pieces of paper. But she found her favourite design. She rushed home to plan out the materials. She needed black silk to start with. She went out to the charity shop and got about a big roll of black silk for $1.79. She went back home and laid everything on her desk out neatly. Dress-making scissors, black thread and needle on one side, and the silk on the other. She began cutting, measuring and stitching.