New Beginning

"This battle is heating up! Soon, one of these trainers and their Pokémon are going to become Champion! Who will it be?"

"Greninja, use Water Shuriken!" Ash said. Greninja pressed its webbed paws together and unleashed a barrage of shurikens.

"Charizard, Flamethrower!" Alan said. His Charizard roared and unleashed a powerful blast.

The two attacks created a smokescreen that didn't give Ash or Greninja a good view for an opening.

"Stay alert Greninja!" Ash yelled. He nodded back in response. Ash closed his eyes and so did Greninja. Ash was listening through his ears and looking through his eyes. A quick flash appeared. "Dodge it!" Alan's Charizard tried to hit them with a Dragon Claw.

"Thunder Punch!" Ash heard Alan yell.

"Dodge and knock it back with Cut!" Ash yelled. Greninja leapt to the right and formed Kunai's from out of his webbed paws. Charizard wasn't fast enough to dodge and Greninja landed a hit on him. "Yes!"

"Good job, Ash," Alan said, rolling his sleeve up. "But it's only the beginning." He revealed his Mega Ring. "Charizard, Mega Evolve!"

Uh-oh. This wasn't good. "Greninja, be on the lookout!" Alan's Charizard changed its appearance. It was now black with blue flames coming out of its mouth. His Charizard roared and stomped. Ash covered his eyes from the dust.

"Wow! Alan's Charizard Mega Evolved! It's gonna get a power boost! How will Ash and his Greninja be able to come out with the win?" the caster commented.

"Use Flamethrower!" Alan yelled.

"Dodge and use Water Shuriken," Ash yelled. Greninja did what Ash commanded and landed a blow on Charizard! But it didn't do anything!

"Dragon Claw!" Alan yelled. Charizard's claws glowed green and became bigger. It flew right at them.

Ash knows that he's stuck. "Use Cut to fight it back!" Greninja did and was able to deflect the Dragon Claw. But still, they need to get a big hit on him. "Use Cut, again!" Greninja launched at Charizard. It kept hitting it and Charizard didn't seem to mind.

Ash wanted to win. Greninja and the team wanted to win. So with everything Ash had, he yelled. "GO!" Power built up inside of Ash. This was the same sensation him and Greninja have everytime they have the same feeling. A water torrent surrounded Greninja. Yes! They reached it. Their bond phenomenon.

"Oh! What's this? Could it be?" the caster did his normal thing. "Yes it is! Well, folks, that's the Ash-Greninja that we've been seeing throughout this League! Although Greninja is a Water type, this battle seems to be heating up!"

"Ash!" Alan called over, his Charizard to the side. "I have really enjoyed this battle."

"Yeah, me too," Ash said.

"But this is gonna have to end here!" they said in unison.

"Use Water Shuriken!"
"Use Blast Burn!" they yelled in unison

Charizard punched into the ground, creating a really extreme fire heading towards Greninja. Greninja put his webbed  paw into the air. Ash and Greninja mirrored each other's actions. A giant shuriken of an orange appeared above Greninja. They threw it simultaneously. The two moves canceled each other out for a while. "FULL POWER!"

They seemed to be pushing the Blast Burn back. But they couldn't hold onto each other's attacks. The Water Shuriken cut through the Blast Burn and connected to Charizard. And their move the same to Ash. A great smokescreen engulfed the entire battlefield once more.