Chapter 12 - And I can't hear you

After eighty seven stitches, Liam was sent home. Harry didn't get to say goodbye, he did, however get a note slipped into his pillowcase as Liam kissed his forehead. Groggy from sleep Harry blinked up at him, "I didn't do it," he whispered. 

"It's a note from Louis," Liam winked. "I love you Harry, stay strong."

Harry's eyes welled up, he squeezed Liam's hand hard. Liam was taken away, Harry was left alone. When the nurse turned her back Harry slipped the thick envelope down the front of his pants. Then he was taken to isolation. His room was next to Peter's, they could talk through the wall to each other. 

Harry was not given a chance at Rapid Detoxification, he was given a bucket to throw up in, extra blankets and two months of confinement. He receieved councelling twice a day and recreation time for three hours every day. 

As he was led to his room, he held his breath. The cold walls, pale blankets and small telivision on the wall made him shudder. It was going to be a very long time, every time he closed his eyes he thought of Logan. Logan didn't come to him as often. Only in his dreams, only to say goodbye. As Harry began to detox off the drugs, Logan slowly faded and it broke his heart. 

Harry sat down on the bed, E! News started and reported photos of him covered in blood. He groaned and switched off the t.v. He slowly lowered himself onto the bed and closed his eyes, he was shivering as his withrdawing began. Secretly, he wanted to die, anything but the withdrawerals. 

No matter how hard it got, he just reminded himself. 

I choose life

Because at the end of his stay, at the end of this horrific nightmare were his friends...  and Louis.