s.m.o.k.e

|||Wednesday's P.O.V.|||

"The usual?" Mr. Keane asked getting a good look at me.

Rolling my eyes I grabbed the closest pack of cigarettes and slammed a dollar down on the counter.

First of all, I didn't smoke. My sister, Holiday, forced me to go to the store and buy her much loved darling cigarettes.

Walking down the aisle, I crashed right into the Losers Club. Shit.

"Wednesday!" Richie whistled looking me up and down. He was even worse than Mr. Keane.

(The outfit Richie whistled at)

"In your dreams Dickhead." I spat grabbing a pack of gum and stuffing it into my bra.

"Steal much?"

"Look who's talking!" I hissed gesturing to Eddies large pile of random medical items.

When he was speechless, I put both of my middle fingers up and walked out the door.

I walked over to one of the bushes in front and grabbed my beloved skateboard.

A glimmer of red caught my eye from the woods surrounding the town.

A balloon. Red and full with helium seemed to whisper through the air and to my ear.

You'll float too
You'll float too

It must have been hours I stared blankly at the woods. When the Losers Club exited the pharmacy I was still staring with no emotion.

I didn't even see Richie put his hands on my waist. Instantly, I hit him smack dab in the face with my skateboard.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME!?" I spat turning around holding up my skateboard in defense.

"Hey! What was that for!" Richie exclaimed rubbing the spot where I had previously hit him.

"What was that for dickhead? Well for starters, don't touch me!" I snarled, as quickly as it had appeared the disgusted look on my face melted away.

"Holy shit, what the fuck happened to you?" I yelled looking at a bloody boy who I have never seen before.

"I-uh-fell down?" He mumbled his wet hair and clothes an eerily red color.

"I'm not stupid." I said plainly crossing my arms waiting for the answer.

"W-We were i-in t-t-the s-s-sewers-" Bill started stuttering.

"Why the fuck were you in the sewers? It's all piss and shit down there!" I hissed.

"Exactly!" Eddie exclaimed agreeing with me.

"We were looking for Georgie." Stan said blankly.

Of course. Why was I such an airhead! They were looking for Bills dead brother.
Before I could respond to what Stan had said.

Beverly walked around the corner holding a bag with what looked like a package of tampons.

"January Embers! Ben from history class." She exclaimed looking at that kids bloody body.

Her perma-smile dropped after she saw all the blood.

"Are you ok?" She asked looking at all the cuts and blood of which Eddie was fixing up.

"Yeah...just a few scratches!" He piped up and then winced when Eddie added some rubbing alcohol onto the wounds.

"It doesn't look like a few scratches to me." I muttered to myself trying to stay out of distance from Richie.

"H-Hey Bev. We're going to the Q-Quarry t-t-tomorrow and we're wondering if you could come with us. Wednesday can come to." He added looking at Beverly with heart eyes.

"Sure. I think Wednesday can come also." She answered trying to play it cool.

"I-um-have to go. Bye guys!" I called skating back to my house.

"She's so in love with me." Richie proudly proclaimed loud enough more me to hear all the way on the corner of the street.

"Don't bet on it." Stan answered him except this time I could barely make out the words.