The snow outside the window fell thick and unrelenting, forming icicles on the glass panes, covering up the driveways, burying the lawns twelve inch deep.

But none of that mattered to Taehyung.

For the first time in fourteen years, he had someone to be happy with. To live with. To laugh with. And that was the greatest gift God had ever given him.

Therefore, as he lay on the couch, staring off into the crackling fire burning in the fireplace, the whole room decorated with the comfortable aroma of freshly baked cookies and  fairy lights, a smile spilt his face.

“What's so funny?”

“Mm?” He lifted his cheek resting on the crook of Jungkook's neck, to gaze down at the form of his boyfriend lying snuggled up in a mixture of his arms and ruffled blankets.

(Serendipity just came on IM SOFT)

“I felt you smile. What's funny?”

“Nothing, just thinking about weird stuff.” Taehyung leaned down and pressed a sloppy kiss on the younger boy's cheek.

Jungkook slightly tilted his head, meeting Taehyung's kiss with his lips, purring softly.

“Needy, aren't we?” Taehyung mumbled in between the pecks.

Jungkook only smiled and pulled away, pushing his body closer to the latter's, enveloping himself in between Taehyung's long arms once again.

“I love you.” He said, out of the blue.

“I have a deep regard for you as well.” Taehyung chuckled and assumed his previous position, snuggling his cheek into the crook of Jungkook's neck.

Yes, it honestly was amazing.

Taehyung's other side hadn't acted up in over two weeks, the only symptom left over from his disorder being strange twisted visions in the middle of the night or sometimes randomly throughout the day, causing him to grit his teeth and fists to clench until they passed. And Jungkook would always be there, to calm him down during them.

For the first time in fourteen years, he felt happy.

But, like all things in his life, it didn't last long.

*****

“I can't take this anymore.”

Tears streamed down his face, his clothes half ripped to shreds, hanging off his bruised body. His lip bled from the aggressive bites delivered to him, accompanying his roughly marked neck.

The arms held fisted by his sides trembled slightly, not certain whether from anger or pain, or just melancholy.

“That's it. I-I'm leaving.”

At those words, it felt as if Taehyung's heart stopped momentarily, slowed down to just a fraction to how fast it had been thrumming before.

“J-Jungkook...” He choked out, taking a step in the younger boy's direction. “...please-”

“No! Don't come near me! You utter...” Jungkook's eyes flashed red as he delivered the next word.

“You utter monster!

The sentence echoed around Taehyung's anatomy, resonating throughout his being and shattering his senses. He felt drowned in a daze, a sea of complete regret, of shame, of anger, slowly pulling him under. He was a monster. He was a monster to have done it. He was a monster to have lost control.

Frozen in his steps, he could only spill tears out from his irises as the younger slowly retreated, limping slightly on one leg.

That's all he could do as he saw more wounds dotting the latter than there were on his own body.

That's all he could do as the front door banged shut, rattling the window panes.

That's all he could do as Jungkook left him.

The snow outside the window still fell thick and unrelenting.

A/N_  :')