Lost soul

Klaus was being relentless. He pulled the metal rod out of my leg and shoved it into my stomach. "Gahhhhhhh! Klaus! Why are you doing this?" I cried out. "Think of it as tough love darling. I'm teaching you discipline." Klaus said as he twisted the rod in my gut. I was screaming in pain. "Be quiet love. I hate hearing you scream." He said gently. I just huffed out breaths of hot air. I couldn't speak due to the amount of pain I was in. "Please Stop Klaus. I'm begging you. Please! I only drank from Stefan so that he could heal the burns on my stomach. Given to me by your idiot brother." I babbled. Klaus froze in place. Anger instantly making its way onto his face. "Kol!" Klaus yelled as he sped off to find and dagger his brother. "How dare you lay a finger on her. You insolent, evil little bastard!" I heard Klaus yell from the floor above before I heard Kol grunt and a hit the floor with a definitive thud.

It had been 2 days since Klaus called Damon. There was still no sign of him. I was starting to think that he didn't care if I lived or died or if I became Klaus's little play thing. I was loosing hope very fast. I wasn't very surprised that Elena didn't send an immediate rescue brigade to my aid, but I thought Jeremy cared about me. His littlest sister. My thoughts were interrupted by Klaus opening the door to the luxury bedroom suite he had me locked up in. "Hello sweetheart. Still no news from your boyfriend I'm afraid." He said, not even trying to hide the delight in his voice. "He's not my boyfriend Klaus. Don't be so delighted, they'll come for me, I know they will." I said while trying my hardest to sound confident. He just smirked and leaned down to whisper in my ear. "If they don't come for you by tomorrow night... I'm taking you as mine and marking my territory." He finished with a kiss to my cheek. A shiver went down my spine.

It wasn't that Klaus wasn't attractive. I mean he was really hot. I probably would've have made a move on him if he wasn't so evil and took pride in how much pain he caused people. Maybe once upon a time, like a really really long time ago, Klaus was a decent guy. In today's day and age however, he was an evil, vindictive and cruel immortal being with no humanity left inside him.

Klaus sat in his usual chair opposite me in the room and just stared at me. This is how the past two days have played out. He sits in his chair and he draws. What he's drawing, I have no idea. I just know that he looks completely invested in his work while he draws. It was actually beautiful to watch the way he worked.

Damon's POV

If had been two days since Klaus called. I was freaking out because Stefan wouldn't let me go and save her. He said that we needed a plan. "Stefan! I can't stay here and wait around for a plan to form in someone's head. Every second that she's there in his mansion, he could be hurting her. She doesn't know how to defend herself yet!" I yelled at him while pacing the living room up and down. "I know Damon, but we can't just run in their with our fangs bared, acting all big bad vampire like. He'll kill us and you know it." Stefan yelled back. "I would gladly lay my life down for her Stefan!"I retorted. Stefan looked taken back. "I love her." I whispered. "Oh Damon. Why didn't you tell her?" Stefan asked me. I kept silent because I didn't even know the answer to that question. "We'll get her back. Call the others. I've got an idea."

Everyone arrived really fast. "Ok guys. Paige is stuck in the Mikealson mansion. Klaus is an original and will kill anyone he feels like killing. We all know that the only way to kill an original is with a white oak stake." Everyone looked at Ric. "I'm sorry guys but my alter ego hid the last white oak stake. I can't find it." Ric said apologetically to the room of hopeful looking people. "It's ok Ric. I can do a locater spell to find the stake. I'll just need to get into your alter egos mind. I'll spell you to sleep and draw the other you out." Bonnie said. Ric nodded. "Okay great so now that we have a way to find the stake we can move on. Klaus only wants Damon and I to get her, which means that no one else can enter the mansion. I'll need all of you surrounding the house to be waiting to grab Paige and run." Stefan instructed and everyone nodded. "If we're not out 5 minutes after Paige is, then leave us. We just want her safe." Damon said. Elena tried to object but Stefan calmed her saying that he cared for Paige and wouldn't mind getting hurt for her. Elena got angry and stormed out. "That went well." Caroline said. "She's angry now, but she'll be even worse if her sister was killed." Everyone agreed. " we make our move tomorrow night." Stefan said. It was settled. We had a plan.

Paiges POV

I fell asleep on the bed and was having a terrible nightmare, I was remembering the day I lost control. I was at school in the 5th grade. Playing in the sand pit when Dean, the school bully, approached me. He kicked sand in my face and was hitting me non stop. I felt myself getting angrier and angrier. I yelled at him to stop, he didn't. He punched me in the gut 3 times before my hands started to tingle with a sense of power. I pushed him off of me and he went flying back. He hit his head on the wall and died. I had killed him.

I woke up screaming. The tingling feeling started to rise in my hands. "No. No no no! Make it stop! No! Please god no. Not now!" I screamed out loud. Klaus came running into the room shirtless. He was very alert and rushed over to me. "Paige! Love, what's going on. Talk to me!" He screamed. He was scared for me. "Gahhhhhhh!" I screamed. My wings were beginning to break through the skin and bone of my shoulder blades. "Ahhh! Make it stop!" I screamed as I rode my transformation out. "It's alright love. I'm here. Take my hand." Klaus said as he held my writhing body through my transformation. "Ahhhh!" I screamed one last time as my wings tore through my skin fully and took up a fare amount of room. I sat still in klaus's arms. I was panting, trying to catch my breath after screaming so much. "Their beautiful love." He said as he studied them. I looked up at him. My eyes as dark as obsidian. "This is me Klaus. Do you still love me now?" I asked him boldly.

 Do you still love me now?" I asked him boldly

"Oh Paige, I could never stop loving you

"Oh Paige, I could never stop loving you." He said soothingly. "I killed someone." I whispered. "It's okay love. You don't need to be ashamed." He replied. "I was 11 and I lost control. My loosing control cost someone their life. I'm a murderer." I began to cry again. He held me. "It's okay love. We've all made mistakes. No matter what you do Paige, I will never stop loving you." Klaus whispered into my ear and kissed my temple. I didn't stop him. I felt like he knew me now. He knew who I was and he didn't care. I saw a side to Klaus that no one else had ever seen. He was kind and loving and ... human. I fell asleep like that. In klaus's embrace. My last thought was: what will Damon think when he finds out about me.