Hangover (Jacob Frye x Rook Reader)

Hey guys!
I'm back home for christmaaass now!! <3 So hopefully that explains why it's been so long since I lasted updated.
I'm currently writing another request about Altair at the moment, but I wanna upload this one now so y'all don't think I've abandoned youuu <3
Anyway, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! Have fun and stay safe ^.^

——————————

You were sitting across the table from your boss, both glaring at each other with a glint in your eyes and a smirk on your lips, clutching a pint mug in your hands as your fellow Rooks cheer and shout around you.

"3..." Someone starts, making your fingers tighten around the handle.

"You're going down so hard, Frye." You taunt, making him chuckle.

"2..."

"You'll be going down harder, (Y/L/N)." He shoots back.

"1... DRINK!"

You both raise the mugs to your lips, chugging down the golden liquid, burning your throat as you swallow it down, both eyeing each other as you do so.
Evie and Jacob Frye have recently won over the last stronghold in London, reclaiming the streets from the Blighters, with the help of the Rooks, which you'd joined as soon as you'd heard of their cause. During that time, you'd worked your way through the ranks, per say, and actually managed to meet and get to know your bosses pretty well, having your fair share of opportunities to go into brawls and onto missions with them. Evie even invites you onto the train every so often for a chat and a catch-up, where you'd eventually bump into Jacob, making you blush with simple small talk and, what Evie described as; flirtatious comments.
Right now, you're all in the local pub, celebrating your recent victory with music, dancing and beer. At some point, you'd gotten into a friendly drinking competition with a fellow Rook and, somehow, worked your way through the group, managing to grab the attention of the male assassin. You can see Evie watching the pair of you from the doorway where she's leaning, talking with Henry Green and smirking.
She's often commented about how you bring the best out of Jacob whenever you're around, making everything a little easier for him to deal with. You're not sure what to do with this information, but you appreciate it. You'd liked Jacob since you'd started with the Rooks, and you're attraction only grew... but he's your boss, you're not exactly going to confess your feelings to him without concrete evidence that he feels the same way about you. The last thing you want to do is make things awkward with the friendship you've built with him.
You both slam your mugs down onto the table at an almost equal time, your judge claiming it too close to call.

"That sounds like a rematch might be required," Jacob smirks, waggling his eyebrows at you.

"That it does, Sir." You grin as he raises his hand, gesturing to the bartender for two more beers.

"Jacob," Evie calls, approaching the pair of you, "I'm heading back to the train with Mr Green." She informs, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"You're not going to stay and cheer your brother on?" He pouts, making her scoff.

"I'm sure the Rooks will do that for me and they'll let me know the outcome. Both of you have fun and don't get too drunk." She insists, pointing at you both, before heading back toward the door.

"Incredible." Jacob scoffs.

"Well, you really wouldn't want your sister to see you lose now, would you?" You grin, two pints of beer being placed down on the table in front of you.

"We'll see about that." He growls, already bringing the glass back up to his lips.

——————————