Favours (Connor Kenway x Assassin Reader)

Sorry this took so goddamn long, I've had some crap going on in my personal life so I've been taking some time to myself. This prompt started and then I realised that assassin's getting stuck without a ladder is probably hardly a problem for them, so please be lenient when reading this XD I know the likelihood of this actually happening is so slim, but I didn't want to change the idea or opening. I hope you enjoy! <3

——————————

"Are you snooping again?" You call from where you're sitting in front of the fireplace, eyes lazily dragging over the words of your book, too distracted by the way Connor keeps passing the doorway.

"The old man must have some information on my father." He mutters, passing again before you hear him head upstairs. Rolling your eyes and groaning, you close your book, leaving it on the side table, and push yourself out of the chair to follow him up to the second floor.

"Connor, if there was anything Achilles wanted to share with you, he probably would've done by now. Please don't go too far into his privacy after everything he's done for you. Somethings are best kept a secret." You call out, finding him creating some form of structure out of a chair and boxes to reach the attic opening hatch.

"If it is something to help take down the order then don't you think I need to know it (Y/N)? I should know everything about this man." He huffs, pushing open the hatch and pulling himself up, before his hand reappears and is extended to you. "Come, I need your help."

"Oh no, I am not getting involved in this one Connor. You always pull me into these ridiculous schemes- ones which you never think through, might I add, and they always result in me getting into trouble." You insist, folding your arms tightly across your chest as you watch his hand retract. However, his face suddenly appears as he lies down to look at you, soft eyes and basically pouting lips tearing your moral... "No I'm not doing it... getting into trouble with the redcoats is one thing, but with the old man? That's basically a death wish and you know it." You state, shaking your head firmly but risking another glance at the man, whose face only seems to get softer and more... puppy like. "Fine." You groan, clambering onto the makeshift stairs and holding your hand up, waiting for him to take it and hoist you up. He knew how to play you.
Ever since you joined the brotherhood he had you wrapped around his finger. He insists he has no idea what you're talking about and, to begin with, you believed that. But now you're certain he's caught on and manages to get you into tight situations because he 'needs your help' or you 'have the right skill set' or 'he wants to spend time with you'.
It's frustrating at the best of times, but you can't force yourself to be mad at him, he's your other half. He'd worked the courage to ask you a few months after joining the assassin's if you'd go on a date with him. You'd hear all about his brooding and pining from Achilles who was about ready to swat the boy with his cane if he didn't 'man up and ask'. You're fairly certain that's why The Old Man had it out for you for a few days. Technically you were the source of his migraines from Connor.
The two of you have even discussed trying to settle down and start a family once this whole Templar business has blown over. You thought it would be nice and simple, in a complicated, well planned way, until you'd found out that the Grand Master is Connor's father. That made the task a bit different and your approach to it severely change. You weren't sure how to bring it up for a while but slowly it's become easier. The more Connor speaks about it, the more you feel able to; knowing he isn't too touchy about his relationship with his father... no love lost it seems. The pair of you haven't shared those three special words with one another yet, both too scared of what'll happen when you do. You're both waiting for the right time, the time when it just tumbles from your lips naturally, without a thought.
The pair of you stand next to one another, your hands resting on your hips, as you both scan your eyes over the dark, dusty attic.

"Some of this stuff looks like it could decades old..." You mutter, watching as Connor sets off rifling through things.

"(Y/N), can you go through those boxes for me?" He asks, pointing over to a pile next to you.

"Oh no, it's bad enough that you managed to drag me up here. I'm not going through the old man's things." You reply, sitting down, crossing your legs and settling back against one of the wooden beams.

——————————

You managed to fall into a light sleep during the time that Connor was snooping around the attic. You're certain you would've stayed in your, somewhat, comfortable slumber, but a loud crash, swiftly followed by a bang and the splintering of wood, jolts you awake. You hear the assassin curse under his breath, only making you further dreading whatever is coming next.

"What did you do?" You push yourself up to stand on your feet, approaching where Connor is; his face resembling that of a rabbit caught by torchlight. You follow his gaze to where he's staring at the entrance to the attic- well... where it's supposed to be at least. You look at it for a few moments, lips pursing as you take in your situation and try and grasp exactly what it is that the assassin has managed to do.

"Great, now we're stuck." You sigh, looking at where several boxes have fallen through the hatch, some being suspended by being wedged between the edges and the giant support beam now jammed there. The one end rests on the floor below, the beam extending up through the hatch and just coming shy of touching the lowest part of the roof. Whether you and Connor are strong enough to carry that together, there's no way you're going to be able to pull it back up through the hatch or shunt it down without doing further damage. Not to mention the thought of the roof collapsing in on you now that one of its beams has gone. Achilles is always saying how he needs to renovate up here.

"I don't know what happened, I moved some of the boxes and hit the beam by mistake, but I didn't think I was strong enough to knock it off." He mutters, watching as you crouch down to inspect the beam and where it's snapped at the end.

"You're not, dummy." You hum, tapping the wood to point at the splintered end. "Rotted wood. Surprised it hasn't fallen down already; must've just needed a knock."

"I guess we are going to have to wait for the Old Man to come back to ask the other assassin's to help us get out." Connor huffs, eyes clearly searching for anything that might help the pair of you out.

"Well even if we do manage to get out, it's not like we're going to be able to hide this one..." You mutter, pinching the bridge of your nose, "You're lucky I love you Connor Kenway." Silence suddenly lingers between the two of you as Connor catches up and processes your words in his head, his eyes glancing over to where you're standing and looking at your form. "What?" You chuckle, shifting awkwardly in your spot, cocking an eyebrow towards him.

"You love me?" He suddenly repeats, his words breathy and whispered as if he didn't catch your words right.

"Ahah- obviously." You start, kind of shocked that he didn't already know that. "You really think I'd do half of the things we've done if I didn't? I know some people's friendships go up and beyond but if I'm going against the Templar order, redcoats and George Washington himself, I'm doing it for the person I love. I care about you so much more to actually go marching into battle with you Connor." You watch as he takes a step towards you, before cautiously approaching, as if you might slip away like air in his fingers if he were to come to close.

"Why haven't you told me before?"

"I just thought you knew." You reply, your words being carried out quietly by a sudden exhale when a hand cups your left cheek. Connor's thumb gently strokes your cheek as he takes an almost experimental step forward, getting further into your space. You try to even utter out his name before a bout of confidence washes over you and you bring your own hand up to place comfortably at the back of his neck, bringing him down slightly, before both of you close the distance between yourselves and press your lips against one another's.

"What have you two done to my house?" The stern, scarily calm voice of Achilles calls up to you, making you jump apart.

"It was Connor!" You squeak, making him visibly deflate, hearing the old man muttering on the floor below as he goes to look for some of the assassin recruits.