OUAC 2

"Get this. It will look good in your house. Ooh... Look at this. Buy it. Oh my! This is so beautiful! Buy this too."

Emma kept on placing things in the shopping trolley while Draco kept putting them back.

People were staring at her enthusiasm as well as curiously as to how she convinced The Grinch to do Christmas shopping. Unknown about the eyes on her, she was enjoying all she could while Draco kept giving people "the evil eye".

He was looking around in distaste when he heard a whisper.

"Where are the decorations I put in the basket? Don't frown."

His eardrums burst when he heard the next words.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!"

He turned around with wide eyes to look at her enthusiastic face.

She jumped and skipped around the lamp situated in the centre of the town. She brought out gifts out of nowhere for the homeless and hungry. She did what was a Santa supposed to do. Without her knowledge, some marks began to form on her arms. The more Santa she became, the darker the marks grew.

Draco kept on looking at her with awe. How can someone be so cheerful all the time? He saw her twist, turn, twirl and dance all the way around the town. She's not human. I'm sure of it. No human can do what she's doing even if they're Bill Gates. Something is not right.

She went to the tree shop to buy a Christmas tree. He ran after her knowing what she'll do. Before he can reach to stop her, she hugged a tree and wrapped her legs around it making her look like a koala bear. Draco put his hands on her waist and began pulling her while Emma tightened her grip on the tree and shook her head refusing to get down.

Draco rolled his eyes still holding her while people began to crowd around them. People laughed and enjoyed the show while both of them struggled on their parts. He decided to try one last time. He slowly made his way closer to her and began tickling her. She began squirming and giggling until her hold on the tree loosened. He put her on his shoulder like a sack and went out of the shop with people cheering and laughing after them.

Everything went well but no-one noticed the huge smile on his face the entire time except Emma. She knew she was succeeding in her task. But somehow, seeing him happy, made her, even happier than she was. I guess it's this human thing.

He rode both of them to a huge house. It was surrounded with snow and trees around. She was in gaping at the house constantly. She was yet stumbled by the beauties humans could make.

They got down from the car and she ran towards the house to get a closer look

They got down from the car and she ran towards the house to get a closer look. He walked up behind her with all the supplies she bought when they were in town.

She skipped her way to the main door and stood there waiting for him to open the door. He came up to the door and opened it. She rushed in before him and started to look around. He put the shopping bags on the kitchen island and followed her.

She stood in front of a family picture. She saw a family of four. A young couple and one boy of 5 years and the other of 10. All of them were seated on the couch with Christmas tree and decorations in the background. She saw happiness in everyone's eyes. The little boy was the happiest. When she saw it closely, she saw it was him. Draco. That little boy was Draco.

"Hey! You were very adorable."

Draco rushed input the photo down. He held her elbow and dragged her to the hall. He was angry. No-one had seen that picture except him. No-one should see that picture.

"Stop looking and touching my things."

His eyes were blazing with anger.

"B-but it was so adorable and Christmasy. Why are you angry about it?"

"Because this Christmas stole my happiness."

He blasted and that halted her heart. She got confused thinking how a holiday of happiness can take it away. She slowly walked to him and put her hand on his shoulder.

"What happened?" She said softly trying to comfort him.

"An accident. These very decorations and this very tree destroyed my family and took them away. If it weren't this Christmas, my family would've been alive."

She walked to him and pulled him down on the chair. She sat down on his lap and hugged him. He was shocked. His face was tearstained and a girl, a beautiful girl was hugging his pain away. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. They snuggled into each other as an unfamiliar, happy feeling wrapped around them.

"She loved Christmas. My mother. Because of her, I used to love it. We would bake together, decorate together and enjoy together. While my father and brother would be ploughing and playing, my mother and I used to bake. This Christmas was the same. We wore Christmas clothes, sang carols and watched TV. We were laughing and never realized the light on the tree short-circuited. The tree burnt and so did my family. My mother pushed me outside the house and I saw them burn. I wasn't able to do anything. Since then I knew that Christmas never gave happiness but took it."

He was crying taking the photo in his hand. Every Christmas was painful to him as ever. Every time during these days, he would be struggling with nightmares. He could still see himself crying and shouting for help while his family was burnt in the joys of Christmas.

She couldn't help but feel very sad. She couldn't see him cry. She never realized how Christmas turned things on you too. But, whatever happened, it was many years ago. It was time he moved on. She was now more determined than ever to make him love Christmas.

He felt her wipe his tears and her lips on his cheeks and forehead. He felt calm, good and loved. He lifted his face up to meet her beautiful eyes. He cupped her face and pulled her in for a heartwarming kiss. His warmth captured her and her cold hands cupped his face.

It was a sweet feeling. Being kissed. Being loved. Both of them, deprived of these feelings for years had found it with each other. His soft lips against hers, his hands in her hair, her hands on his cheeks. Both of them moulded perfectly with each other.

Somewhere outside, the snow had turned soft, the sky was glimmering and the mood was festive. Her heart was beating faster by the seconds and he was growing calm. Both had found what they were looking for but not in a good circumstance.

-------------------------------

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Share Love. Happy Reading.