OUAC 3

They did what every couple in holiday would do.

Baking and decorating. You pigheads. She got the tree and it's decorations while he was in the kitchen baking. She would occasionally go in and help him.

For the first time in years, there was a sound of laughter and joy in the house. She sparkled the tree with her magic and made a little ice star to put it on top. He made sure he made her delicious chocolate chip cookies and some sour cream cheese chips for himself.

He was wondering how, in so little time, she made him soft again. His Christmas had now turned red instead of grey. He saw how she was rushing around the house to decorate everything. She was smiling and giggling and running around the house.

He couldn't stop himself from reaching for her. He reached for her wrist and twirled her to him. A soft melody was playing in the background. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her even closer. She wrapped her arms around his neck blushingly.

She couldn't get away from what she was feeling. So warm and comfortable. As if she was...... home. She saw his eyes. Those dark eyes, shining with happiness which never once reside in. She was so close to completing her task. She couldn't bring herself to tell him that. She couldn't even tell herself that she was snow deep in love with him.

She matched her steps with his as they danced. The swaying, the smiles and the blush said it all. They didn't need communication. They just understood. It was as if telepathic, they leaned in together.

Their lips were doing the talking now. From being soft and slow to deep and passionate, their kisses talked about their feelings.

For what felt like an eternity, they pulled away as they were lying by the fireplace. His arms around her and her head on his heart. They had content smiles on their face.

"You saved Christmas."

She looked up to his words. He was looking down to her with a smile. She tilted her head in confusion.

"How?"

"You made the Grinch love Christmas on a Christmas eve."

Her head started falling in pieces. She had successfully done her job. But something told her she can't have both. She got up and sat straight. He stood up with scrunched eyes.

"What's wrong Emma?"

"Draco, I have something to tell you. An honest story. I just want to not change what you feel for me. Can you do that?"

"What are you talking about? What story?"

"I-I'm not human."

"I figured that much. I saw you doing magic all around the house. I don't have these many decorations and definitely not an ice star. And don't forget those tattoos forming on your body."

"But you don't know why I'm here and why I'm with you."

"Why?"

"Because. Well, I always wanted to be a Santa. I am from the Claus family. So it's natural I'd want that."

"Oh..."

"Yeah. So I had this task to win. If I made a Grinch like the Christmas, then the Claus throne is mine but if I am not successful, then I will become one of the workers. So I-"

"So I was the Grinch you had on your list. Everything, this, it was for a throne."

His tone hardened. She knew he was angry, hurt. She tried to hold his hands but he jerked them off. He got up and walked towards the bottle of rum that rested on the nearby table. She decided to give her explanation.

"I was here just to talk to you. I never thought I would be in your arms. Let alone dancing and kissing. Jingles! I never thought I'd be falling-"

He gripped the bottle tightly. He has hurt all over again. His anger rose to a point where he could burn himself. He threw the bottle and sharp shattering sound resonated around the room. She stopped mid-sentence, scared.

"I don't want your explanation. We are done here. I like Christmas, you got what you wanted. Now get out."

He yelled. She jumped back in fear. Tears formed in her eyes. She rushed out of the house leaving him all alone. He gripped his hair and fall on the ground. His hands fell right on the broken glasses, hurting him and bleeding him. He looked up to see her Santa cap lying there.

While she was right outside the door crying and waiting for her grandfather to send someone to pick her up. She wanted to win but not like this. Not at the cost of hurting her heart. For the first time in her life had she felt something so pure and warm? All her life was around snow and cold but today made her realize that there more to that.

Slowly, she saw blood on her hands. The bruises just suddenly started to form on her palms and making her bleed.

Before she could think of anything, a sledge came by. A big-bellied man in a red suit got down from the sledge. She looked up with her brimming eyes. As soon as the man was near, she ran to him and hugged him. Crying harder than ever, she let out a heavy snow blizzard around them.

"Grandpa... I-I ruined everything."

He wrapped his arms around her and carried her to the sledge just the way he used to do when she was a child. He signalled Rudolf to get home. He put his hand on her head while she cried her heart out. Her hands had stopped bleeding but her heart hadn't.

Nicholas couldn't see her dearest grandchild crying. He never thought about the possibilities of love. He too was once in her place. He made a mistake by choosing his task over that man. He carried her in her room. He caressed her hair and sighed. She had, after all, completed her task. She deserved the seat, unlike any of her siblings.

----------------------------

Don't forget vote, comment and follow.

Share Love. Happy Reading.