✯twenty-six✯

"bravery is the ability to look fear in the eyes and say 'move aside, you're in the way'" 

King's Cross was busy. People bustled to and fro, families of children and men and women scurried to get on their respective trains as different whistles blew from different places. Cleo looked around, her trunk wheeling behind her and her little grey owl perched on top.

She couldn't see anyone she recognized.

She sat on a bench close to platform 9 and ¾, and waited...

...and waited and waited. She sat for nearly 2 hours before coming to the dreadful conclusion that no one was going to be here to pick her up. Her breathing was labored and she had tears forming in her eyes, but she blinked them away quickly, trying to figure out what to do.

She knew that if she went home, she would be falling right into the dark lord's hands. She wanted so desperately to run home to her parents, but she simply couldn't. "I'll go to Remus," she whispered to herself. "Hope and Lyall love me anyway." She started walking out of the station when a very large crack interrupted her thoughts behind her and she halted, her breathing stopping altogether. She turned slowly, and there, in the midst of the bustling crowds of people at the train station, stood her sister.

Renesme had her hands in her pockets and a very stoic expression on her face. Cleo felt like she couldn't breathe, staring at her sister. It was as if time slowed down to a halt as she stood face to face with the one person she thought she would always be able to depend on.

Ren's dark hair was tucked behind her ears, framing her pale, bloodless face. Her dark eyes held no emotion, and she watched her little sister as if she was a stranger from the street. Cleo began to walk towards her slowly, and stopped a little ways in front of her, her hand gripping tightly onto the wand in her pocket, just in case.

"Ren," Cleo said softly, wanting to hit herself for allowing her voice to crack like it did.

"Hello Cleophus," Ren said, her voice and face void of any emotion whatsoever, making Cleo's heart crack gently.

"Ren," she whispered. "Ren, I'm your sister. Why are you doing this?" a tear unconsciously dripped from her eye and cascaded down her cheek. Ren's eyes followed the tear, and for a brief second, Cleo could see a hint of something behind Ren's dark orbs, but then it disappeared and her attention was brought back up to Cleo's eyes.

"Your presence is requested back at your home," she said.

"Our home, Ren. It's your home too," Cleo tried yet again but was met with nothing. Just, nothing. "Who is requesting me?" she asked, clearing her throat.

"The Dark Lord," Ren replied. Cleo couldn't find oxygen to fill her lungs. It was like a tight hand gripping her throat, knowing that right this very minute, Voldemort was waiting for her at her parent's home. Merlin knows what he had already done to her parents.

"You are here and training for a purpose, Cleo," Dumbledore's voice echoed through her mind. It was earlier that very same morning, before the train departed back to London, and Cleo had gone to Dumbledore upon his request. "You are what is going to change the future of this war because you are different than the rest."

"How am I different?" Cleo had asked. She couldn't understand any of what he was telling her.

"You have what many others do not in this world," he replied softly. "You are kind, and kind people are brave people."

"But I'm not brave," she had whispered, feeling the fear already settle in. "I want to feel brave but I can't."

"Bravery is not something you already possess. Brave is a decision. It is a decision that you yourself decide, a decision to understand that compassion is more important than fear. And you, dear Cleo, are far more compassionate than any fear could attempt to overcome."

And so, with Dumbledore's words raging in her head and a fierce compassion in her heart, Cleo knew what she had to do. She gripped her wand tightly in her pocket, and with a nod, reached out to loop her arm through her sister's, and they apparated out of sight. 

wow.

big stuff happenin

the girl above is Ren

sorry its short but in that case, you'll get another chapter like... tomorrow... so youre welcome

how was everyone's weekend? 

much love vote and comment LETS GET TO 400 VIEWS WOO

stay compassionate

em