Chapter 9

Why... Why is everything falling apart? It doesn't even matter that my family didn't care for me but I managed to make new friends, right? I managed to live and support myself when my family has forgotten about me. I... I managed to fall in love. Someone actually loves me for who I am, someone that loves me when I am not the best person in the world. Someone so perfect and beautiful like him. He has the most beautiful voice, the most beautiful face, the most elegant posture! He is the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me. I messed up, I lost him... He will never want to be with me ever again. No one ever will. I don't deserve any love. Thank you for all the love that you have given me, Itachi. Every time I see you or text you, it was the most wonderful thing ever. It made me so happy and blissful. I am glad we got to be together in this lifetime. I don't regret anything. You may not ever find the heart to forgive me but I do want to say that I am sorry, for everything, for all the troubles I have caused you. I don't know where those photos came from but they are not what they seem. I was merely helping them all, they drank way too much and was stumbling everywhere and almost got ran over by a truck. I had to try and get them all home safely because they are my colleagues from my part-time jobs, they are my friends.

I don't know why you had chosen me. It still baffles me sometimes that you are, no, you were my boyfriend. Like, I don't know what you saw in me. There had been nothing special, only a rotten good for nothing kid that is a weakling. It made me so happy when you first started talking to me. I had felt something struck me when I first saw you, you were this magnificently beautiful being standing at the end of the school hallway with your friends and then you turned your gaze to look at me. Oh me. The first time ever I felt that feeling in my stomach. I am not too sure how to describe that feeling as it had been a mixture of excitement and fear and nervousness and happiness twisting together. People may describe it as butterflies in the stomach but I feel like that phrase doesn't justify what I had felt enough. By some mysterious force of fate, we came face to face and began talking. Then the texting began. By that time I had fallen so deeply in love that I didn't know what I should do with myself anymore. You had helped me so much. I was drowning in depression and you unknowingly helped me stay afloat. That day... I was going to kill myself but... you texted me. You said you found this cool cafe and you wanted me to come along to see it. You had wanted to spend time with me and it made me feel something I have never ever felt. You made me feel like I was wanted. Like I was loved, even if it might have been platonic then. That was the first time something someone had said that made me cry out of joy. It was then that I made a vow to myself that I will stop my habits of cutting for you. I will do anything for you. I will even make myself disappear off the face of the Earth if it meant that you will be happy...

Thank you for everything, Itachi. Thank you for being my friend and helping me through tough times. Thank you for sticking by my side for this long.

Thank you, Sasuke... For being my first best friend, my rival. Our rivalry is the thing that has been driving me to keep pushing to get better. Thank you for being by my side for as long as you did... I know I have not been a very good friend and I hope you'll forgive me. I am sorry for saying bad things about Sakura. I didn't mean to upset you.

Menma, Ahri, Kaguya... thank you. For showing some concern once in a while, it may not have been often but it made me feel some love from that too. I don't know what to say to Mr. and Mrs. Namikaze though... Thank you for the food and shelter and for raising till I was legally able to provide for myself. You guy may not have provided me with anything else other than shelter since the age of 5 but... I... Uh. Thank you for bringing me into this world and letting me experience it. I really want to know why. Why you guys did that to me? Why was I not as important as Menma, Ahri, and Kaguya? I know they are all smart and the stars of their schools and peers but I had barely been able to feed and help myself when I was shunned and screamed at by you guys. I don't know what I had done wrong but I am sorry. I don't seek forgiveness as it is something I probably do not deserve.

Thank you, everyone... I am sorry once again for everything that I have done.

Farewell,
Naruto