Chapter Three

just a short little update, comment, vote, add this to your library, and enjoy!

and Natalia's in the multimedia just in case anyone wanted a visual.

Chapter Three

Caleb Brown

"Hi Mr.Brown, I put your coffee and agenda for today on your desk sir." My assistant Simone told me as I walked past her desk. I nodded and mumbled a quick 'thank you', before walking into to my office at the end of the hallway and closing the door behind me.

I needed a few cups of coffee to survive today.

I walked over to my desk while removing my suit jacket and throwing it on my coat rack. I'd had such a crazy night last night, and I'd only gotten a few hours of sleep.

My brother and his idiot college friends had dragged me out to a strip club for his twenty first birthday, and I'd gotten so drunk. I hadn't gotten drunk since my college days, and now I remembered why. Hangovers were not for me.

I sat down and started sipping on the black coffee with one teaspoon of sugar, while reading my agenda for the day.

I had a few meetings I needed to attend, and I had to go to one of the hospitals I frequently donated to and give a speech later on, but for right now I could just sit and relax.

I rubbed my hand along my 5 o'clock shadow and sighed. I needed to shave, I hadn't even had a chance to go home.

"Mr. Brown, you have a visitor. Mrs. Brown is here to see you, should I let her in?" My assistant's voice rang through my office, and I inwardly groaned.

Why was she here? I didn't even expect to see her today.

"Yeah, let her in." I pressed the speaker button on the phone and responded back to Simone.

She hung up the call and a second later my office door automatically opened. I heard her heels hitting the ground before I saw her walk in, indicating she was on her way. Why was she here?

"Hey Mr.Brown." Natalia smiled and walked through the open office doors.

"What're you doing here Natalia?" I questioned as she walked closer to me and sat down on one of the loveseats in the office.

"I'm here to see my husband, is that a crime?" She laughed and rolled her eyes at me. I don't know why she was acting so fake, she was never that nice.

"Husband? You know we're separated." And we had been for months.

"Oh Caleb, shut up with all that separated talk. I still got your last name, so you're still my husband. Now, let's talk about the gala this weekend. That's why I'm really here. I'm wearing a silver dress with red accessories, can you coordinate with me?"

That's one thing I liked about Natalia, she never beat around the bush.

"What gala are you talking about?"

"The gala for the homeless foundation Caleb, you forgot already?!"

I just shrugged my shoulders and pulled my iPhone out of my pocket, going to my email app and reading all the new emails that had accumulated overnight.

Why was she still talking? Why hadn't she left yet?

"You know what Natalia? I'm busy right now, but I'll call you and we'll discuss the gala. Now if you'll excuse me." I stated and watched Natalia squirm in the seat. She loved when I told her what to do.

"Fine Caleb, kick me out. Just promise me you'll be at the gala with me."

"I promise Natalia." I sighed. She looked at me for a few seconds before standing up and walking out of my office.