Chapter 2

Two years later:

"Nick can you please fax me the information that Ken needs?" I call my best friend/ assistant.

"Yeah but can you please explain to me why we're working with that bastard? All he does is try and get in your pants and honey he nasty." Nick sighs on the phone.

Ever since the night two years okay my life is completely different. I'm lucky that I married at the young age of 23 and was able to get my life back in order. I went to college at NYU for fashion merchandising, hoping that one day I could get to be a well known designer, while in my marriage I wasn't working because I was hoping to have a year to start building up my portfolio, that day made me realize that I need to go for my dreams since I can't trust most people.

The second I walked out that door, I went to my parents house for a bite until I got back on my feet, and I confronted June about what Spencer had said. According to her I was just a means to an end and she never was actually my friend.

I couldn't trust anyone until Nick came along. Nick was my childhood friend who moved to California in high school. He came out to his family and since then has been living the playboy life with multiple guys vying for his attention. The second he saw me, he never left my side and is now my roommate.

He is also into fashion, but prefers to work with me and model for me. From my first small gig he was immediately recruited but said he'd only model my work, which I still can't believe to this day, and has put my little designs on the map.

We run a design business together called Eco. Everything we use is eco friendly and we get the word out their as much as possible. I'm the head of the business because there my designs, but with that said nick wants to still be involved so if he gets 'ugly' he has a job. Which is stupid because it's our baby but he says he's to pretty to do all the shit I do.

Right now we are working with Ken York on a charity fashion show for the troops. I'm working hard to get my designs ready, but time is catching up on me and while everything is done, I still only have two days to nail the finishing touches with my team.

Ken Yorker is the founder of this event and decided to choose a fashion show because his daughter is trying to get into modeling, and it shouldn't be hard for her because she's stunning.

Mr. York, however, is a perverted man who tries to touch me whenever I see him, and if this event weren't so important to me I'd probably tell him to fuck off.

You see I had a brother named Kyle who was 10 older than me who died in the service. He fought hard for this country so I want to make him proud.

"Nick this event means a lot to me and like him I want it to be perfect, he just wants to see the design of the runway."

I can already hear him pouting. "Fine just keep the creep away, he's disgusting."

I can't hold back my laughter, "don't worry I'm a big girl and refuse to be man handled."

Nick pauses for a second, "I love you girl so that better be true. And since your work is done, we are clubbing tonight and getting you a man because you need to let loose."

I hate going out, I like the whole drinking part but I'm just not interested in being felt up by horny pervs.
"Nick..."
"Don't you dare even try and get out of this, you've been blowing my offers off for months but I'm not taking no for an answer, I saw the dresses you made at home and it's time to put one of them to use so I'm down for the day and your ass better be home at 7. Goodby."

Did he seriously just hang up on me? Is it even worth fighting him, knowing no won't be a sufficient answer?

Damn this is not what I needed. I look at my clock and realize I only have an hour until I'm expected home. Since I don't want to forget the time I decide it's probably best to head to York's to deliver the floor plan and just head home.

York's office is about a block away so I made the decision just to walk there, it'll be hard to find a cab at this time of day anyways, so I start my trip.

After about 15 minutes I get there.

I make my way to the 6th floor of the building to his office and stop at the receptionists desk.
"How can I help you?"

"Hi I'm Aria Shaw and I'm here to drop off the runway plan to Mr.York.

The receptionists smiles and lets me know she'll tell him I'm here. "Alright Ms.Shaw his office is just down the hall and the third door on the left."

I give the receptionists my thanks and head over. When I get to the door I knock and wait for the okay to enter.

"Yes come in Ms.Shaw."

I open the door to his office and see a cluttered mess on his desk, as well as bottles of alcohol and food on the floor. I'm not even close to a clean freak but this place is a disaster.

"Don't just stand there, take a seat, I have things to discuss with you."

Honestly, I don't want crumbs or whatever else could be on these chairs on me. "That's okay sir we can meet tomorrow to go over details, this is just a quick stop on my way to another meeting." I smile at him, hoping he won't see through my lie.

"Fine but you better have your act together since the event is in two days, you better not be slacking." I'm insulted he'd even say that.

"Don't worry sir, my designs are done and the models are finished so my end is ready for the event."

"Good see you tomorrow." He says to me while grabbing a slice of pizza he apparently had on his desk. I don't understand how his daughter is gorgeous.

The sprint out of there as quick as I can, only to realize now I have to get ready to go out. Oh joy