Chapter 8

It's finally the day of the show, I wake up at 7 am and start getting ready for the day.

The show itself starts at 6, followed by an action and an after party. It's going to be a long night.

The models are coming at 10 am to practice and start getting their looks together, and my parents are coming at 5 to just see all of the work I had accomplished. It's going to be a very emotional night for us and I need them with me.

I've eaten breakfast and got ready for the first part of the day, and now it's 9 and time to go to the venue.

"Nick are you ready?! It's 9 and you have to be there in an hour!" I scream from the living room, hoping he has his shit together.

"Relax! I'm coming! Don't worry my gorgeous body is ready!" Nick screams as he walks out of his room, ready to go.

"Alright, so our clothes are at the venue for the auction and party. So we should be good!"

We've been busy working and it's now 5, an hour before the show begins. It's so busy and hectic backstage, and my parents have finally arrived. When you compare me to my parents you wouldn't really see any relation, both my parents with blond hair and blue eyes, which is what Kyle also had. My aunts however have brown hair and brown eyes which is where we think I get most of my genes from.

My parents are both wearing pins that I had made with Kyles face on them, we're going to wear it for him all night.

"Guys I have your seats up front at the end of the runway, I can't stay and talk unfortunately but I promise I will after the show."

"Honey it's okay, we're so proud of you and excited to see what you've come up with!" My mom exclaims, while my dad gives me a hug.

After they walk away, Erica comes up to me. "Hey who was that?" Erica asks, she's pretty much completely dressed which is good since she's opening the show.

"Oh those are my parents, they come to the majority of my shows to support me." I tell her with a smile.

"Awww that's so sweet! And whose that on your pin!" She asks with curiosity.

"This was my brother. He was in the army and fought for us and unfortunately never made it back, he's the reason I decided to get involved with this." I tell her, my eyes starting to water a little.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, but he would be so proud of all you've done, you are amazing. Your an awesome human being and he's smiling watching you right now." She tells me while giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks, I hope so. But now it's time to get ready, the shows starting soon!"

It's now 6 and the announcer comes out to start the show. It's madness backstage, working on making sure the models are ready and everything is running smoothly. Finally the show is over and it's time for me to come out.

"Thank you all so much for coming out tonight! This event means more to me than just showing some clothes, but to honor the memory of my brother. My brother represented his country in the army and died at the age of 26. That was 9 years ago. He made us proud and his country proud and I want my support to be known to all those who are fighting for our country or have members of their friends or family who do. Thank you all again and I will see you guys at the auction!!!"

I bow when the round of applause start, and then go backstage. All of the models and staff are there waiting for me to speak.

"You all made me so proud tonight, and made my designs look amazing. I'm so grateful to have everyone here help me make this part of the event a success! Now it's time to eat food, get drunk and enjoy the rest of the night!!!"
I yell at my team, with everyone cheering in agreement with me.

I go over to Nick and Erica, who are taking off my clothes and putting on their evening wear for the auction. Nick immediately comes over and gives me a hug, followed by Erica.

"This was amazing, all your hard work paid off, Kyle would be so proud!" Nick tells me, hugging me yet again.

"I love being apart of your runways, you always do the best job and make things go smoothly and this was just another amazing go, thank you for including me," Erica tells me with a smile.

"You guys are so sweet, you both know I couldn't do this without either one of you!" I tell them, tears coming down my face.

"Baby girl don't cry! It's party time! Go get changed and we'll wait for you to go to the auction." Nick says pushing me towards where my dress is located.

I start to walk over to my dressing room, when all of a sudden I am pushed inside by someone and hear the door lock. I turn around, but it's pitch black.

The light comes on and I'm shocked by whose in the room with me.

"We need to talk."

Image is Erica