Coming Home

Chloe Price had just hung up the last of the missing Rachel Amber posters in godforsaken Blackwell Acadamy when she noticed Nathan Prescott walking into the girls bathroom.

Well, well, well, it looks like Nathan rich-boy Prescott is dropping into the girl's bathroom? I'm gonna to get to the bottom of this.

She confidentally strode over to the bathroom door and shoved it open. After greeting Nathan sarcastically, she started pushing open bathroom stalls, "Hoped you checked the perimeter, like my step-ass would say."

She smirked before she pushed open the stall.

"Surprise!" shouted a girl, throwing her arms exaggeratingly in the air. Her hair was short with little bangs. Her familiar blue eyes sparkled with determination and freckles danced across her nose. Her ordinary hipster clothing barely flattered the petite beautiful frame she had. The girl was cute. Was it really…?

"Max…?" she whispered. Chloe's face changed from a smirk to a look of puzzlement.

Nathan was the quickest to recover. He had noticably flinched when Max boisterously surprised the two of them. "What are you doing in here, bitch?"

If this were 5 years ago, Chloe would have prepared a verbal barb that would have protected her more passive best friend from verbal assault. This time, it was Max who was prepared.

"I could ask you the same thing, Nathan Prescott. After all, we are in the girl's bathroom!"

There was a look on Max's face that Chloe had never seen before. It wasn't anger necessarily, it was a look of confidence. In fact, and this was probably the most stunning, Chloe could not remember a time where Max looked and acted more confident.

Nathan scoffed. "Please, my father owns this school! Every room is practically mine."

"Funny that you mention it. What would it look like if Nathan Prescott was caught red handed in the girls bathroom? What would your father say?" She gasps and lifts her camera. "What sort of rumors would start?"

Nathan puts his hands up to cover his face. "Whatever." He flips Max the bird and walks out of the room.

"That was so fucking badass!" Chloe shouts excitedly as the door shuts. She couldn't help herself with that. She would deal with Nathan Prescott later, but now...

She then looks Max up and down. "So this is it?"

"Chloe… I…"

"No, Max! You leave me for 5 years! Five. Fucking. Years. And this is how we reunite? In the girl's fucking bathroom in this town's shittiest school? Oh, and not to mention, the first time I hear your voice is when you're owning that rich douche bag!"

"Chloe, I can explain…" Chloe shakes her head. She walks over to the sink and desperately fetches a cigarette out of her pocket. As she searches for her lighter, she asks coldly, "Why did you come back, huh? Was it for Blackwell? Cause you sure as hell didn't call me or even fucking text me since you've been here." She lights up her cigarette as Max approaches the sink.

"You want to know why I came back?" Max had the cajones to ask.

"Yes, Max," she said after a drag. "I do."