Chapitre One: The Predestined Fate

"Your Imperial Highness, please wait for me!" called a silver-haired young teenage boy towards a teenage boy who had the same age as he was. The latter was a handsome one, with red-blooded hair and pale white skin. "Your Imperial Highness! Please wait for me!" he continued calling.

The red-haired boy turned around a bit while giggling to himself. "I told you to drop that, remember?" he replied as he ran again. "I hate that, Argyros."

Argyros nodded in disappointment. "I do but... " He kept his mouth shut for a moment. You are the crown prince and I am just a servant. How can I be on the same status as you are, Andros. He gasped a little. My father thought that all the bad attitudes you have are because of me. You are skipping the protocols, against the imperial household rules, and even play aggressively in school tournaments. When you are injured, I am the who will be blamed. Argyros felt a deep remorse inside him. The truth about being an imperial family member. Nothing is so beautiful as told in the children's fairy tale books. All those lies being told to the younger generations, especially to the little girls, which giving them a huge impact on their so-called fairy tale dreams; which is to marry a prince and live happily ever after.

Andros backed out from his running and cooling himself nearby a huge fountain. He waited for Argyros to reach there before throwing the latter with questions. "Argyros, tell me. Did your father make you feel miserable?" Argyros remained silent as he tried to stabilize his breathing. "About quitting from our soccer club and about me being disobedient to the rules." His red eyes stared at his best friend while the latter was trying his best not to make any eye contact with him. "Things will be different if we were born in a commoner family. We are free to go out for outdoor activities, prom nights and even on dates! No one will believe us that we are still available despite of our good-looking faces. We are totally wasting our good looks."

A soft laugh broke all of sudden. It was Argyros who gave out such laugh. "Indeed. I agree with you. Totally," he replied. He then settled beside the prince and glanced softly at him. "Unfortunately, that is not the truth about our lives. We are bounded by rules and protocols. Even though I am a Premier's son, my father is just as strict as the Kaiser."

"What matters now is our next soccer tournament, Argyros! Didn't we say that we want to be the number one at national level. I want to make this dream a reality," said Andros in excitement. "And it has been my dream to become the best national-level striker."

The premier's son smiled at the prince and was delighted that he was still full with winning driving spirit. Maybe I should do things that I would not be regretted for not doing later on. When that time comes, we will face it with the flow. Agryros agreed with his decision. Such decision made himself positive and re-energized. A decision which soon or later, became a downfall reason to both the crown prince and himself.

***

Kaiserin Anastacia was disturbed by her son's entrance into her bed chamber. She was reading a book to her younger daughter, Prinzesin Illustrious Nataliya Regilia. Illustrious was Andros' younger sister, few years younger (in human age time frame, Illustrious was thirteen years younger than Andros). "Andros, good morning," the mother greeted first.

"Good morning, Imperial Mother," Andros replied back as he gave her a slight bow. He walked over to the bed and smiled at his sister. "Illie, what were you listening at?" he rubbed softly on her head. "Imperial Mother, please smile at me."

Anastacia giggled to herself. "It is your first district soccer match, am I right?"

Andros was very delighted to hear his mother remembered his important game. He was so touched which made him give her a hug. "Imperial Mother, you remembered that? I am so happy. It is today, you know. And, how I wish you could come and see me in action!"