Chapitre Four: The Win and the Anxiety

Kaiserin Anastacia dropped down the tablet on the bed, with watery eyes. Her lady-in-waiting was not there with her; except her baby princess who was fast asleep in the nearby crib. My son is injured. How is he right now? She gulped in mute. Searching all over the drawers next to her bed looking for her cellphone was indeed a waste of time. Her husband must have kept away her cellphone the night before since she requested a permission to sleep with her Illustrious. She could not use Vivienne's tablet to make a phone call to her son as it was already locked by the password on the screensaver. Her only chance was a direct video calling via her PC. She quickly switched on her PC and looked up for her Instant Messenger. She chose a video calling function but the call did not reach her son. Andros! Please pick up this call! Please, my son! I need to know your condition right now! Her maternal instinct cried inside her. Andros did not pick up her call. Well, that is because all players are forbade from bringing their cellphones into the field. They should be focusing 100% on their games. The Kaiserin had to send her son a message, in the hope he will reply her soon. While she was devastated about the news of her son, inversely Andros did not react to her message immediately as she was hoping him to do so.

***

The young marshal walked into the bridge, whereby he was saluted by two crew members. One was the Centre of Information Combat, or in short the CIC, and the other one was the pilot of this baby space shuttle. He sat down in his captain seat, reading almost anything from his virtual screen. That engineer's skill is really a profounded one. Not only he monitored all the functions of this shuttle, he even took care of my Valkyrie too. Unfortunately, he is going to be my first sacrifice in this mission. Siegfried sneered a bit, placing his head on his fingers.

It was then Rad-Ludvig entered the bridge and gave his master a military respect. "Your Excellency, would you like to take a rest first before we reach our destination?"

"What are your suggestions?"

The CIC, Joan Phillips turned around towards both marshal and his lieutenant. So did the pilot, Ensign Max Oliver Dillenburg. Siegfried let his eyes ran wild, avoiding making any eye contact with both of them. I am being careless. Duh, I still have that childish side in me, he sighed a little. Both said nothing, and both CIC and the pilot quietly continued their own work.

Rad-Ludvig pressed the right side of his forehead, with both his eyes closed, silently giving himself some thoughts. "If my knowledge database is correct, Your Excellency, you are a skilled sniper and an excellent Valkyrie pilot," he uttered, slowly opened up his eyes. "I would like to challenge you in a shooting simulation."

Siegfried coughed a little. "If my knowledge database is correct..." His emerald green eyes stared at the lieutenant as if he is hunting for his fleshy prey, and will strike any moment when the chance appears. "You HAVE a data on my personal information? Heh, I didn't know that."

The lieutenant shook his head, then he bent down a little so that he could whisper into the marshal's ear. "I am sorry, but I do not know anything that is not being stored in my memory, i.e. I only know things that is being saved in my internal memory storage." He paused. "My life is in your hand."

My life is in your hand, eh? He's being blunt! Too honest for an Android! Siegfried pretended to cough for the second time, just to break away the silent atmosphere in the bridge. "Alright. I accept your challenge, but I want to change the game." He stood up, adjusting his official suit, and nodded. "I have decided... That you are going to challenge me in archery."

"As expected from our cute marshal," Joan Phillips snickered. "Lieutenant Nermin, good luck to you then."

Rad-Ludvig could not apprehend the whole situation, yet he put on a false front, as if he understood everything. He followed the marshal from behind; on the other hand Joan quickly tapped on a button on the setting panel to focus on the archery challenge between Siegfried and Rad-Ludvig. Unknown to the android lieutenant, Siegfried, aside being the best sniper, he was too, extremely good at archery. Even the Kaiser once lost to him. In a fair play match. This match was concealed within the Imperial Palace and no one was allowed to spread it to the public. It was then the marshal was made as the Kaiser's unofficial master.