~2~ Chests and Ships and Strawhats

Edited~

Amelia leaned against the wall of her cell, it was currently quiet, except for the rhythmic sound of someone's footsteps. She closed her eyes softly, sleep overtaking her.

It's so dark... I... I don't like it...

Lemme out! I wanna get out! I don't wanna be here anymore!

She whimpered, hitting at the sides of the chest, "WAAAAHHH!!!!" She cried out, the chest was gently moving up and down, meaning that she was in water, the ocean most likely.

Her small hands scratched against the hard wood, panic settling over her, she scratched at the wood for a good half an hour, by the time it had passed, she was whimpering softly and her hands seemed warm and wet most likely from the blood.

Or tears.

Why was she here? Her head pounded, that when she remembered it all.

The slave ship.

Coughs echoed through the crowd as the people, solemn faces and ratted clothes, looked down at their feet, waiting for death. The warden held a whip in hand as he strutted among the groups of people.

Then, there was a flash of color, the color blue. A red bow. A smiling face.

This angered the warden greatly, this child was smiling, among the crowds who wished for death. The warden looked at her in disgust, smiles mean hope, hope means rebellion.

The shackles on her small hands clanked, she was braiding a girls hair,

She did not take notice that the warden had approached her, nor did she realize of the raising of his whip.

That's when the boat rocked violently, some women screamed. There were fish. Big ones. The warden immediately forgot about Amelia, her icy blue eyes wide with surprise.

"ARENT THE SEA STONES SUPPOSED TO KEEP THEM AWAY?" The warden yelled, sea stones were to be securely fastened under the ship to become undetected by the sea's monsters.

"They fell off sir! From the last storm!"

"Dammit... abandon ship, these slaves are worth nothing anyway."

The ship was breaking, and the waves picked up.

An old man grabbed Amelia, "You must flee child, you are special." he took out the six shining crystals from his pocket, and immediately they flew to her back.

He picked her up and ran to the captains room, and securely put her in a chest, "Don't be scared, Amelia, I'll be fine." eyes filled with worry.

Lies

The lid lowered over her, she was scared. She heard him yell, and felt the weight of her drop down, she was falling. Into the waves.

There was a jerk as the chest hit the water, she bumped her head, and fell to sleep.

She moved her small hands to hold one of the crystals, "Now look what you've done." she whispered, the crystal just softly hummed, as if it were alive.

It was so dark, she couldn't see anything. That made her scared. She cried out again, "HELP! HELP ME!"

She called out until she called no more, she could just softly squeak, "I-I'm s-scared..."

That's when she drifted in and out of consciousness. Then, she felt the chest being lifted.

"Whattaya think it is?"