•Holidays•

Word count: 827
:)

I walked outside, my hands in my jacket pockets, it was cold, I could see my breath.
I walked on the sidewalk hearing my heels click, I didn't want to be in my house, especially during the holidays, that's when my mom and dad fought the most, it was annoying, and so depressing, double depression this time since Jason was murdered.

J/pov

I walked out of the trailer after putting my dad into his bed, he was drunk, like always, but during Christmas it was worst, because he missed forsythia and my mother, I hated staying there while he was like that.
It was cold, I  could see my breath, I walked down the sidewalk, close to pops, but I didn't want to stop, I just wanted to think, I walked towards thorne hill.

C/pov

I kept walking, thinking about how much better it would be if I just ended things right now. I could drown myself..be closer to Jason in some fucked up way, although, it was a pretty great idea, I thought smirking slightly then I noticed someone in my path. I tried to focus my eyes on them, but they were to far, just blurry, who could be walking up to thorne hill? I asked myself.
When I got close enough I realized it was Jughead, I was pretty mean to him most of the time.
"Cheryl?" He said as he looked at me examining my outfit. "What are you doing out here, you could freeze?" He said walking towards me from across the street to my side.
"I'm fine." I replied quickly.
"Right, you don't associate with me." He said about to turn away. I started to feel bad.
"Jug wait!" I said and he turned towards me.
"I'm sorry, I'm a Bitch, a lot, I know. I'm sorry. You wanna walk with me?" I asked hoping he would accept, id enjoy the company.
He sighed and took a moment to think.
"Sure." He said walking the way I was going and I followed. He was wearing his plaid red jacket, it was cute on him.
"I ask you again, what are you doing outside in such cold weather with just a small jacket?" He said shaking his head. "You're lucky I'm a nice guy. " he said and he took off his jacket putting it over my shoulders.
"No Forsythe, you'll freeze." I tried to take it off but he wouldn't let me.
"I'm fine. I'm used to the cold. Seriously. Keep it on. It looks good on you." He said smiling slightly, I smiled back, blushing slightly.
"So why are you out in the cold?" I asked him curiously.
"My dad, he's uh, drunk, again, it's the worst around Christmas.." he looked down. "I miss my family."
"Oh. I understand. Holidays suck." I sighed.
"Yeah...why are you out here?" He asked looking at me again.
"My dad keeps yelling at me...and my mom...she just watches as he calls me a disgrace...and Jason's gone so it's tough, he usually stood up for me." I sighed and I felt Jughead grab my arm for consolation.
"Ow." I said automatically. "What did I hurt you sorry." He pulled his hand away.
"No, it's nothing." I kept walking.
"Cheryl..your parents don't...hit you do they?" He asked me, yes, the answer was yes, they hit me every time I couldn't be perfect for them, Jason was their favourite and they said it all the time, thought I wasn't good enough to be a blossom, "no of course not." I shook my head.
"Show me your arm." He demanded.
"No, Jughead no." I refused.
"Cheryl, they shouldn't be laying a hand on you!" He sighed.
"I said they're not!" I yelled.
We walked in silence the rest of the night and he walked me back to thorn hill. As we stood by my door he finally broke the silence.
"We should do this again some time. I'm sorry I pushed your limits. I should've backed off. I just hope you're okay." He looked into my eyes.
"I am." I wished he could see how broken I was in my eyes, as I looked back into his.
"Cheryl..." he said as he  leaned in and kissed me softly, his lips were soft and angelic, I didn't want to pull away, I felt...safe in his arms...
He pulled away slowly and I opened my eyes going back to reality.
"Text me Cheryl. Anytime, any day...you deserve to be happy too." He said writing his number on my hand and I gave him his jacket back and I kissed his lips one more time.
"Thank you." I smiled, I felt, better. And I watched him walk away and I opened my front door walking up to my room going into my room. That night I didn't sleep because Jughead Jones was the only thing on my mind.